NJ Bogus Parking Ticket!?

I was checking the status of a traffic ticket i received a month ago on the NJ "ticket paying" website earlier this evening and it pointed out another ticket that was outstanding. the problem is.... I have never in my life been in that town! it's a parking ticket for parking on a street during the street sweeping hours or something like that. I'm gonna call the court tomorrow morning but im afraid they'll make me go to court to deal with it (not really afraid, but i dont wanna bother taking off work) I have no alibi for the date and time in question because i was asleep at home with no one to back that up when it was issued. The only thing i see that i can use is that it says the make of the car is a ford and my car is a pontiac... the other weird thing is that it says its not payable and that a court appearance is required.... any advice is appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Alibi? Home alone, asleep? Jeez, it's not a murder, just a parking ticket. Somewhere along the way, someone got a number wrong in the system. Call the court and find out what you need to do to straighten it out.

go to court with a picture of your car, showing that it isn't a ford. you will get the charges dismissed.

NJ sure is stupid, they recently screwed up my mothers registration and got her car towed.

Do as the first guy said, this is simple.