Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

When does someone know its right to ask for a divorce?

• J.D.
    Favorite Answer

like the time? when she doesnt say i love u n u say i want a divorce.

if ur not happy say u need to talk n take a night out n sit her down n say she will find someone better-that the 2 of u will be better off friends than a unhappy couple. comfort her n say shes great but the 2 of u together isnt gonna work.

good luck

• ~Baby~

Dear Mel,

Honestly never is the right time. Who really wants a divorce? We once said " I Do" and now we are saying " We Don't" It is a sad situation but if there is no other solution well the right time would be when the person is not very happy but neutral when they seem to be in a deep thought. Be gentle on them it is not the news anyone wants to hear.

Good Luck

None of you have mentioned God in your answer. You made an oath to God for he lead you together. If your spouse cheated on you, then you can divorce. If you are a Christian, you know God hates divorce. Put God in the middle. Go to a church counselor and reveal everything. I'm in the same situation you are. Communication is key! Open your hearts to each other and pray. I know it's painful. For better or worse. Too many marriages have been thrown away like trash. Don't lie to your spouse. Tell him/her everything. Blessings..

When the person realizes that they would be better off not being married. But before you ask for a divorce, think:

1. Can it be fixed.

2. If it can be fixed, how can I fix it.

3. Have I even tried to fix it?

When you have planned your steps for the "after divorce, what's next" then you know it's right to ask for one.

when all other options have been depleted or when people fall out of love. Sometimes people are just too drained to keep working on a marriage that's seems hopeless and counseling didn't work either. Oftentimes, one of the spouses have been cheated on and can't get over it. There are so many different reasons, but you know in your heart when it's time to move on.

Source(s): experience

I've been 'asking' for about 2 years, now. Asking doesn't get the job done.

You know it's time when nothing makes you happy in the marriage.

EDIT: fly2sxm- I didn't mention God for a reason- I never made an oath to God and I wasn't married in a church. It was nowhere in my vows. Not everyone is a Christian.

When you are 100% sure that there is nothing left to salvage. That you are totally out of love with this person. That you are not saying it on a whim and over a few little things that are upsetting you. And do yourself a favor and make out a list of the pros and cons in your life and go with the bigger list, but most of all be really honest with yourself and never, ever leave for another person.

also, ask yourself why you are thinking about this, and that will help you figure out whether it is a good reason and a good time. Divorce: not something to do carelessly though!

When you look at them and wonder why they are still breathing...then its time to go. If there is hate and no love...its time to go...If living a peaceful life is your goal and you are unhappy...then its time to go.

Don't every bring up the divorce word unless you are willing to follow through.