qwert
qwert asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you support or oppose the $700 billion bailout?

Or are you unsure?

• paul
    Favorite Answer

Oppose it as it currently stands. I want provisions to jail those who put unqualified people in loans they could not afford.

As a diabetic who can't afford the over $1000 a month health insurance I would need to pay I think it just shows that republicans always find money for their cronnies but not for the people who need it. I have heard it would pay for Obama's health care plan for 10 years so it doesn't matter whether I oppose it or not but I will say that I don't think it will solve anything but I am hopeful Obama will get into office & help the 95% of the country & if he makes the republicans shut up then I am for it, if they keep whinning then then I am opposed to it cause that is the only good thing we can get is to get them to see we should be putting our money on better things.

I really have not seen the details of the bail out but it sounds bad.

I did see 2 congressmen arguing about it on PBS but it only

made me question the wisdom further.

Someone said to me today"if they gave that 7 hundred billion

to the american people instead of bailing out the bankers

we could all pay off our houses. We would all have instant

prosperity and wouldn't need credit. I tried to figure that on my

little calculater but it won't do those large numbers.

I read somewhere recently that some years ago bankers came

up with the idea for thirty and forty year mortgages because

then the whole population becomes indentured servants

of the banks. lifelong repayment schedules.

Oppose 100%. They should have no bail out! And see if the sh$& hits the fan . Perhaps we need some hard times in this country to get peoples mind set back in order. We are spoiled!

opposed I do not need to provide any proof or a link as to why . In my mind there could have been at least 10 other more reasonable ways to get us out of this mess .

I oppose it.

Smells like the privatization of Social Security to prop up Wall St.. Eerily similar. Comes with the standard fear mongering as well.

Opposed. Did you see the list of all the oversight positions? All political appointees. That should tell you something right there.

i oppose it because it will not save you from economic collapse, the root problem is the jacobins who rule over your neck, you work hard, they tax you and use that money to further their aim of one world government with its capital zion. Unless you solve the real problem, bailout will bail nothing out.

Oppose. The feds should buy down everybody's mortgage instead of bailing out Wall Street MBA's who knew exactly what they were doing.

• meg

I am not sure what is being done is the best way to fix the problem, but I think it is worth fixing, even at that price.