Why are people opposed?

Why do so many people in this country hate the idea of affordable health care for your own people? and yet you have no problem with billions of our money going to Iraq. Sounds to me like you hate your own countrymen

so most of you are saying that our country is inferior to almost every other country in the world because they found a way to make national health coverage work for them but we have no clue how to do it

• Chad C
    Favorite Answer

I dont know anyone that hates affordable healthcare, but I do agree with sending the money to Iraq, its ridiculous. Obama all the way 08

Nobody is against affordable health care.

But how is nationalizing it going to make it more affordable, or better than it is now?

Most American politicians, at least at the national level, are lawyers.

And lots of lawyers get rich by (among other things) suing doctors.

Thus, this club of lawyer-politicians makes it legally easy for members of their own club to sue doctors.

This is what, in large part, causes medical costs to be so high. Doctors are so afraid of being sued -- especially in certain specialties, such as cardiology and OB/GYN -- that they have to carry expensive malpractice policies.

These costs are passed on to -- guess who -- patients and their health care insurers.

Decreasing health care costs? Putting it all under government control isn't the answer.

Putting an end to the "good old boys" network of lawyers dominating national elected offices -- that's a much better solution.

.

What already have national health care . We just don't have free health insurance .

We have the best health care and I pay my own insurance because we have the freedom of choice .

If the government gets involved we will have lower quality and pay more for it with out the freedom of choice. search the internet for health care insurance and you will find many affordable plans to chose from.

Just because the NY Times told you America needs to be like Europe doesn't mean we need to take their recommendation. We are an independent nation that doesn't have to follow the mistakes of other countries and that is what makes us unique .

You must respect diversity of all kinds, not everyone wants the same.

• Gem

Name ONE program that the feds have gotten involved in that has worked.

They "fixed" prescriptions for seniors and my dad is now paying 40% of his social security ($1000 a month, so $400 monthly) for prescriptions he used to pay less than $100 for.

America already has incredibly high taxes without health care, once the feds take that over, pharmeceuticals will get even bigger, hospitals will make even more and we will be even poorer.

Also, keep in mind that the 45 million uninsured Americans, include an estimated 15 million ILLEGAL aliens. I'm sick of working harder so more people can work less.

How much taxes will be enough for you?

We will have the crappiest healthcare around. Small businesses will 100% quit providing it at all. It will grow the government even bigger and I will have even less money in my hands every week.

yeah.

• mary z

Because 1. it would not be affordable to taxpayers who would have to carry everyone who did not pay enough taxes to cover health care..2. it is pretty much a known fact that countries with socialized health care have sub standard care and have to wait weeks and weeks for an appointment. Which is why in the UK for instance a lot of people still buy private insurance and prefer going to private doctors and hospitals.

• Ego

Ideologically, some people believe that government's role is simply to provide for the national defense, not to provide social services like health care.

This is a fundamental tenet of Libertarianism, a constant feature of American political thought.

I don't think any rational person is opposed to affordable healthcare. It's the idea of the government being responsible for healthcare that many oppose.

Sounds like you just want to incite something. Get a life.

Dont mind me, im just a Cherry Pop Tart fan...lol..

I'm voting Obama cuz I can't bear to watch my mother and grandmother struggle with healthcare, not to mention I'm not interested in more of our troops dying.