mrs.smith158 asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Does a cat disease stay in your home after the affected cat has past away?

A few months ago my husband and I tried to save a 4 week old kitten whose mother had abandoned her and her 3 siblings had past away. We loved her and took her to an emergency vet to try and save her. We held her the majority of the time we had her and had her on our couch. Sadly, she pasted away only three days after we got her. Now we have moved into a new home and we adopted a 7 weeks old kitten from our local animal shelter. Only five days after we brought her home I found her dead the morning of the fifth day. I was devastated: there was no warning and no time to take her to a vet. The shelter said she may have be affected with some sort of ailment when we brought her home. A few weeks later my husband got me two precious 5 1/2 weeks old kittens. Just this past weekend they both past away just as suddenly as my animal shelter kitty!!! I love cats and I can't take much more heartache, but I feel that without a cat to love I'm not whole! (If that makes sense) Can a disease stay in my house or on my furniture and affect any cat I bring in? And if so is there anyway to get rid of it???!!!???? PLEASE HELP!

When one of my 5 1/2 week old kittens got sick I was holding her. She started moving around in unnatural positions and meowing. Then she just stopped moving; it was almost like she lost consiousness. Then she would periodically "wake-up" again and move around and meow then back to nothing. After awhile she couldn't hold her head up she was just spasming slightly. I held her and talked to her for 2 1/2 hours.... Then she stopped waking up and she past a half hour later....

She also had an eye infection which I was treating with prescription eye ointment. I hope that sheds new light on the disease or condition.

Favorite Answer

Hmm that is very strange, you should definitely talk to a vet about the problem. There may be something in the house that they are exposed to that is causing the problem, are they getting into any chemicals or anything? Your best bet is to talk to a vet.

it depends wat kind of disease it is. so be more specific cuz that really helps us help u answer ur question