Will trazadone show up on a drug test.?

I believe i have insomnia and i have no medical insurance so i don't go to the doctor, which really i have no need because my mother gives me her prescription for trazadone, pronounced triazadone. i take them on occasion, and tomorrow i am going for a job interview and drug test. These pills are not prescribed to me and i need to know if i will fail the drug test for barbiturates. Will i be able to just tell them i take it, or say that i take an over the counter pill, i was going to take one tonight as I have to be there at 10am to do this. help?

Favorite Answer

Probably not, it is an anti-depressive used to treat Bi-polar disorder and other mental illness. The tests that are mostly used test for five to seven families of drugs. All they are usually interested in is recreational or addictive drugs. If you have a prescription no one can do anything about it anyway.

The most common drugs looked for in testing are:

* THC (marijuana, pot, hash)

* Cocaine (coke, crack)

* Opiates (heroin, morphine, opium)

* Amphetamines (speed, uppers)

* Methamphetamines (meth, crank)

* PCP-Phencyclidine (angel dust)

* Barbiturates (barbs, downers)

* Benzodiazepines (valium, librium, xanax)

* MDMA (ecstasy)

* Oxycodone (percocet, percodan, oxycontin)

Trazodone does not belong to any of those categories

• Tara

If you are scheduled for a drug screen test anytime soon, bring your prescription bottle with you. Just explain “I was prescribed this, and took one dose on Feb. 9th, to help me sleep. I hadn’t realized it was beyond 6 months already.” Any test following that will confirm what you are saying is true, so long as it IS true. Just don’t take any more, and if you still need Trazodone, go back to the prescribing doctor - having a new scrip will save your butt. BUT, I have no idea just how strict their 6-month policy is. If it’s written in stone, you may just be out of luck. I would guess there would have to be SOME leeway, but I’m not the military. >

no it won't. It is an anti-depressant sometimes used for insomnia. It will only show if someone is testing for it specifically. And oh yeah, it is NOT pronounced triazodone. Its called trazadone and pronounced just the way it sounds when reading the word. There's no "I" in it

they arent barbituates so they wont show up as that