? asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

I think I hate my mom. What do I do?

I'm in high school. My sister and I mostly always get along. Well until my mom gets in the way. My mother is always comparing my sister's grades to mine and I tell her that I try. I do try and I get good grades. If my sister had gotten even a B in her life she wouldn't feel the same way. Also when I talk to her about how her mean words hurt me, she just ignores me and starts talking to someone else or walks out of the room. I scream and sometimes throw things at her. I run to my room and slam the door as hard as i can. I bury my face in my pillow and think, I wish she wasn't alive! But then she apologizes and I forget everything. She always goes back to her doings and then the same thing happens. I hate it so much. Part of me wants to run away and part wants to tough it up and live my life happy. Please answer. I'm desperately asking, What do I do?

I guess everyone is right. I am happy to have a mother who doesn't hate me after all I've done. But somehow I still feel as though she's got better things to do than to listen to me. I just really want everything to be alright and I really want to stop crying.

Favorite Answer

that sound exactly like my situation with my mom......well up until like 3 weeks ago.My mom had the tendency to not want to hear the truth about her hurtful words either.I would get so frustrated with her i would just want her to stop breathing.But then there were those times that her whole attitude would change and i would love her to death.It makes it so hard being in highschool and dealing with that stuff at home....but you just have to stick through it.My mom finally changed her ways when she realized that if she didnt listen it really didnt matter because i got to the point where i would stop trying to talk to her and i would call my aunt and cry to her and tell her the situation and that helped me out alot because she actually listened.and plus it helped because my mom realized that it made her look like a really bad pareant that i had to go to somebody else and tell them how she was acting towards me

This is common stuff most teens and parents go through. It's not a crisis. In 10 years you won't even care about the things that are bugging you and making you cry today. The problem is you and your mom have totally different views. You drive her crazy at times and she drives you crazy at times. That's 90% of all teen and mom relationships. If you all could see things in each others view it would help. If she compares your grades to your sister's that's really no big deal and when you get out of school you probably won't remember and you certainly won't care.

• H

I think you are acting like the child that you are. Most people go through similar situations like this with their parents. You aren't the only one. You think that is bad? Hardly.

The fact that you scream, throw things, slam the door and pout in your room...I would ignore you too if you did that to me. If I had done that to my Mum....well...let's just say it would have been one time and I never would have done it again.

I know you want your mother's validation. It's what I wanted too. When I was older, I realized that I had it and always did. It was my father, the one who was never there, that I could never truly make happy, Then again, it isn't up to you to please them or make them happy.

You do the best you can. That is all you can do. But cut the dramatics. Running away doesn't do anything but cause more trouble. And no, you don't hate her....you just wish she would validate you more often.

Um yeah...I'm sort of in your situation. My mom never listens to me, and always interrupts me when I tell her that she makes me cry. She doesn't even care when I do. I try my hardest not too. But she just yells and I can't hold it in. I've finally decided to give up on it, and ignore her. I'm moving to Canada when I can. There's people there that actually care about me.

oh wow!, that's horrible my mom can be a meanie sometimes 2, uh hmm see what she likes and see what you can like about what she likes, then try to find something you can both do together um hope it works it worked for me!

i can somewhat feel ur pain. i feel like my mom prefers my older brother over me. just talk to her. thats what i did. when that was going on with me and my mom is that i took my dads side. so it was always me and my dad and my brother and my mom and little by little i started getting closer to my mom. i guess maybe its just ur age i mean when ur in hs u just wanna tell her to leave u the hell alone. sadly they cant leave us alone. just give her space and try to ignore her

forget about her and move on move out if you can after you make her go to counseling

Your Mom should not be acting like that. Maybe you should ask her to go to counseling with you. Please insist on it.

move out, live on your own, drop all contact

hmm i guess she hates you too, tell you what, y don't you run away and move in with me.. ; )