xbox live with out a WIRELESS ADAPTER and allot of Ethernet cables?

i have a 360 but don't have enough money to buy a WIRELESS thing for the back of my 360 or allot of Ethernet cables because the modem is to far away to run allot of cords, is there another way to set it up?

Favorite Answer

If you have a laptop with an internet connection, then there is that way.

There is a way to do it, but I probably would not explain it that well.

Go into Network connections and highlight with you mouse the two connections (1394 Connection and your LAN - you must hold CTRL on the keyboard in order to select more than one icon). Right click and select, bridge the connection. Make sure to enter the connection properties and enable Internet Connection Sharing.

Note: Your Cable has to be plugged in to your xbox and your laptop.

To know that you have done so correctly is to see if you can still view the internet on your laptop while on Xbox live.

Source(s): Open Control Pannel and select Internet connections. If you have Windows XP, go to Start>Settings>Network Connections For more additional info (If I did not explain it well) google, "connect to xbox live with laptop" without quotes
  • Kandy

you bought a $200+ system and you don't have enough for some ethernet cable $10-15?

• clap

my ethernet cable passes via my room under the door and connects to the router it incredibly is interior the hallway, its an eyesore yet weve have been given use to it and its in basic terms on the backside interior the nook so it works. I recommend u in basic terms stick to the cable, instantaneous is a daft waste of money and has no benefit over ur cable so if ur contemporary undertaking works i see no clarification why u might desire to pay £^) for instantaneous. particularly interior the present financial climate, shop your money.

You could probably buy a 50ft Ethernet cable at Wal-Mart for $15.

• if you have a computer you can reach with a cable that has a wireless connection then you can use windows internet connection sharing. I had the same problem and that is what i did.

either move the modem, get a long enough cable or get the wireless adapter, thats about all your options

• sorry those are your only two choices