Do guys need time to adjust to a new relationship?

We were friends with benefits for months and now we are official but he says he feels pressured in this relationship. Should I just give him space? Or talk to him? help what should I do???

• Favorite Answer

give him some space and make it seem like you dont need him you have to make him chase you, trust me i was in a a 7 month relationship and was the first girl to ever make this player settle down and care abotu osmeone other than himself then he felt like i was being too clingy and it freeaked him out i just did my own thing for awhile n sure enough he came back before a month was even over and i have been making him chase me now and we are better than ever

I don't know about you but I don't think there should be any benefits for someone who's not sure if they want to be with me.

My sister had moved in with this guy after almost a year she cut him off and said no more until we get married. He caved after a week or two and bought the ring, 6 months later they were married. After 7 years of marriage he just walked out one day he said he had always felt pressured into being married and he was miserable.

I don't think you can do anything but go back to being friends and if he ever decides that he wants to be your boyfriend you can look at this again then.

Yeah I would give him some space and time to get used to the idea. The fact that you were successfully friends with benefits (lol) for months means you have obviously got good relationship potential. He may have issues with commitment and feeling trapped though so time and space might do a world of good.

• Sean O

why oh why did he ever screw up the friends with benefits thing? Did you threaten to cut him off if he didn't start dating you? See, now he is in that whole "why did I buy the cow when i was getting the milk for free?" mode. You really didn't think that a relationship that was based entirely on sex was gonna' work out in the long term did you?

I would talk openly to see what he really wants, to me it sounds like he wants space. I think he might have been happy or happier when it was just sex with no strings attached as far as being in a relationship. If that's the case he might not want to even be in the relationship.

well first ask yourself why he feels pressureif there is nothing for him to feel pressure about, then its just a cop outso i guess you should give him his space....but yes if you notice that things have already changed between you guys, he doesn't want to be in the relationship, because now instead of just messing around, he has to be emotionally invovlved

Friends with benefits never really work out, your or him or even both will develop feelings for each other and overall end up ruining a friendship.

more than most girls know. i dated a stripper (seriously) for nearly 2 years, after we broke up, 1 month later i got with another woman, an accountant. i was dissatisfied with the bedroom affairs because the previous one had given me nightly lap dances. i expected too much and it ended in 3 months

Talk to him, connect with him and see if you two are expecting the same thing from the relationship. Dont push him too much into things if it can be avoided

Source(s): life

Of Course, Yes!!!

You really need to give him space and time to adjust....men like me really pics the best girl for them......but just give him space.....and in any time he'll miss you.....