Here's my conundrum of the day:?

Okay, suppose that there was a store that had all kinds of flashing lights up to advertise some kind of huge sale. Then, suppose that an epileptic drove past, had a seizure, crashed their car and ended up in the hospital.

Now, could the epileptic person take legal action against said store?

Just a random question of mine, not meant to offend, just to stretch the mind a little.

~Hannah

• HanZ
    Favorite Answer

do not know, not a lawyer, but lol you have a rare mind.

• Izzy

Well, to obtain your license as an epileptic, you need to have your seizures very much under control (I believe you have to have gone at least 6 months seizure-free) and be medicated.

Epileptics who drive need to have their seizures enough under control that police, ambulance, and fire-truck lights will not compromise their ability to operate a motor-vehicle.

So, while I do not have an answer for your question, I can tell you that such a situation is not likely to happen.

No.

Flashing lights are a part of the world. If that person knows they have a reaction to them, it's their responsibility to take precautions.

The world can't stop to accomodate everyone's issues. (would they then ban flashing lights on police cars and airplanes? )

In today's world of "sue whom ever you can", I think if you got the right lawyer, then you could sue. Hopefully, you would lose, but you just never know these days.

You wouldnt think. But answer this if a robber can sue when they get hurt in the persons house they are robbing why not.

no