Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Why does football players clap their hands after coming out of a huddle?

Curious

Favorite Answer

To show that they are a team, and are on the same page.

• Tara

Every team has a tradition when breaking a huddle, the clap comes first with the word "break" or what I use to tell my kids to say when I coached was "execute". Its a simple reminder that this is a team sport with team effort, and having such things as breaking out of the huddle in unisome is a way of achieving that goal. Tom Landry use to have his Cowboys offensive linemen stand straight up before coming to a three point stand, he reason for doing so is he wanted to hide all the backfield motion that is going on hopeing the defense misses an assignment by not noticeing the adjustment the backfield has made. Kind of humorous, but it did looked sort of cool, since the Cowboy's was the only team doing this in the NFL, and no other coach find it important enough to pursue for his offense.

Every team has a tradition when breaking a huddle, the clap comes first with the word "break" or what I use to tell my kids to say when I coached was "execute". Its a simple reminder that this is a team sport with team effort, and having such things as breaking out of the huddle in unisome is a way of achieving that goal.

Tom Landry use to have his Cowboys offensive linemen stand straight up before coming to a three point stand, he reason for doing so is he wanted to hide all the backfield motion that is going on hopeing the defense misses an assignment by not noticeing the adjustment the backfield has made. Kind of humorous, but it did looked sort of cool, since the Cowboy's was the only team doing this in the NFL, and no other coach find it important enough to pursue for his offense.

If not for Russells fumble and the poor blocking on offense, This team would easily be 3-1.. but their time isnt here yet, this team will be a instant Playoffs contender once the 2009 season begins..

Russell is still growing.. Al Davis will get or draft or even trade for a better LT and WR during the Offseason..

If not for the Young Offense The Raiders Win..

The Chargers better win a SB soon, because soon they will need to sit below the Raiders again, for years to come..

LT had 108 yds, most coming in the 4th QT in the last 2 min.. coming from a Defense that wasnt playing to win anymore, because it was obvious the Win would go to SD.. so the real score was 21-18

LT get a Ring Now or change team because the Raiders Mystic is coming again in 2009 and its here to stay..

so everyone knows the huddle is over.