A Riddle I Cannot Figure Out!!!?

Brothers and sisters have I none, but this man's father is my father's son.

PLEASE! My Grandma and I have been bending over backwards over this question. I think we're over thinking it but if someone could tell me the answer I would sooo grateful!

Thanks in advance! (:

Favorite Answer

Since you have no brothers and sisters, the phrase "my father's son" definitely applies to yourself. Now you've been described as "this man's father". So "this man" is nobody but your son. The riddle is very easy and I can see you've already got the answer from others.

Himself

The man is the persons cousin, and their brother is dead. Seems like a bad answer though it's all I can think of.

You have no brothers and sisters. Man's father would be your father's brother.?? Good one! My brain hurts.

Father and son. You're the father.

Brothers and sisters have I none,

but this man is my son.

"This Man" is my son.

Brothers and sisters have I none,

but this man's father is my son.

"This Man" is my grandson.

Brothers and sisters have I none,

but this man is my fathers son.

I am "This Man".

Brothers and sisters have I none,

but this man's father is my father's son.

"This Man" is my son.

Brothers and sisters have I none,

but this man's son is my son.

I am "This Man".

Brothers and sisters have I none,

but this man's son is my father's son.

"This Man" is my father.

Brothers and sisters have I none,

but this man's father's son is my son.

"This Man" is my son.

Brothers and sisters have I none,

but this man's father's son is my father's son.

I am "This Man".

notice that, in this type of the question, it incredibly isn't suggested that there ARE 3 uncomplicated English words that end with "gry", in basic terms that "indignant" and "hungry" are 2 that do. And interior the 2nd sentence, the single that incredibly asks the question, it does no longer specifically shrink the reply to words that end with "gry" - it in basic terms asks what the third notice is. The reader of the question ASSUMES that "the third notice" refers back to the third notice that ends with "gry", making the simultaneous assumption that there are, easily, 3 such words. it is organic through fact why else might each and every person positioned those 2 sentences mutually?! Why? To confuse each and every person! as quickly as you settle for the theory that the two sentences are no longer in any way related to one yet another, it incredibly is obvious that nowhere is it suggested there are, easily, 3 uncomplicated English words that end with "gry". it incredibly is stable, through fact there are not! There are thousands of words that would qualify in case you drop the "uncomplicated" limit. yet there in basic terms are not any uncomplicated words, different than "indignant" and "hungry", that end with "gry".

the man is the son

the phrase "This man" refers to the son of the person speaking.

Your son's father is yourself. Your father's son is also yourself.

So my son's father (myself) is my father's son (also myself).

So "this man" is the son of whoever is saying this.

himself, he has no brothers and sisters and the man's father(the man is himself) is his fathers son he is his dad's son.