who won the debate on friday?

who won the presidential debate of of '08?

Favorite Answer

McCain/Palin '08 The only American's running for office.

Neither candidate really answered the question about the economy. No grade should be given for their answers on that subject Having been a school teacher, I would have given them both an I for incomplete on the economy. McCain was the clear victor on foreign policy. He has lived foreign policy and that was very evident, as he was the voice of experience, even describing the terrain over there. The details that he shared with us really were impressive. McCain receives a 10 from me on foreign policy. Obama's answers came from a textbook, sounding somewhat like they came from a robot, lacking passion, as he clearly is not able to venture from his memorized prewritten answers.. At best, I would give him a 6. Perhaps if he had not lied about Henry Kissinger, I would have given him a 7, but only because he has come a long way since his debate with Hillary. I do not want Obama answering that red phone at 3AM, unless Biden is sleeping next door in the guest room, talking on the extension.

I think they both did well. The only reason I would say Obama did better is because of McCain's attitude the whole time. He had this condescending attitude and this look of disdain during the whole debate. He even turned red! That temper was starting to show. McCain couldn't even look at him! Surely, not someone I would want leading this country.

As far as a winner, not sure. I'd say 60/40 (Obama60 McCain40)

I do think Obama stepped up his game a little bit. He was more aggressive and forceful than usual. Not the charming, nice guy he always seem to be.

I have long admired McCain and respected his military and senatorial experience but I think he was outclassed by Obama. McCain appeared tired and out of touch with the current problems. He seemed to repeat himself far too often (my grandfather does that) and he seemed locked into yesterdays problems. As much as I like McCain as a person I feel his day has come and gone, he is not the man he once was (none of use are) and not the man to lead us out of the mess Bush has got us into.

Neither candidate "won". They were both pretty flat.

At least, McCain appeared and spoke in a more "presidential" manner. Obama stuttered throughout his whole time onstage, as well as rudely interrupting and talking over McCain. This arena is not a "playground".

Obama was the clear winner.

Foreign policy was supposed to be McCain's stronghold, and Obama smoked him in that area as well as the economy.

And also the body language. Obama would look directly at McCain to say things. McCain never looked Obama in the eye.

Obama remained calm and laid back, while McCain seemed grumpy.

Source(s): Obama/Biden 08!

I am gonna take a chance and give an honest assessment. I think Obama won on economic issues although McCain showed he is no idiot on the Subject.

I feel that Obama won on Foreign policy on the Fact that we took our eye off the Ball, but Mccain is the Expert on that and That came through Strong.

My x factor was demeanor, McCain played into the caricature of a grumpy old man, condescending and preaching to a guy who at time new more than he did.Also he never looked in Obama's Eyes.

If you don't know you must not have been watching. Just in case you weren't watching it was McCain. Even Obama told John he was right and he told him that five times. What more confirmation do you want?

Why would any believe that McCain won? He could not even look Obama in the eye. How is he going to engage with foreign leaders? Oh, I forgot...Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran....

Depends on who you ask..

CNN and CBS say Obama,

FOX and BBC say McCain.

I say the moderator

i was pretty close but i think obama won it