What's wrong with being gay?

I'm not gay, I have a few friends who are gay. But it pains me to see when those people get discriminated by the rest of the world. I hate it when Christians say it's a sin to be gay, HELLO PEOPLE GOD LOVES ALL OF HIS CREATIONS. I didn't decide to be straight the day I was born, I was just born that way, and i believe so for gays too.

They are people like you and me, and as long as they believe in god, I think they have a place in heaven to. Just like the civil rights movement for African Americans, we will never learn from our past will we?

I want you to give one good reason why it is wrong to be gay, and don't give me any of those stupid stereotypes.

Favorite Answer

It isn't wrong. I'm a Christian, but I can't stand the ones who make the rest of us look bad by being homophobic, such as the WBC. I didn't pick my sexual orientation, so what right do I have to say that a gay person picked theirs and is going to die for it?

Let's say that hypothetically, homosexuality was a sin. Let's say, hypothetically, you go to hell if you're gay, and let's say that it is a choice. So what? Murdering is a sin, so why don't you carry signs saying "MURDERERS GO TO HELL!!" or anything like that? Adultery is a sin, I don't see any Christians protesting that with profane signs.

All sins are equal, so one group of people shouldn't be treated worse because of their sin. Well, homosexuality isn't a sin, but that's not the point.

Jesus said to hate the sin, but love the sinner. I wish that teaching was one of the ones people remembered.

i was having a freaking fabulous day and you just made it 1000% better...

it'd be nice to hear one really really good reason why it's wrong... but i've yet to hear such a reason. i pressed the point in religion class the other day---the bible says usury (charging interest on loans) is a sin, yet i see no preachers yelling hellfire about all bankers going to hell. BUT i get to be the one getting the weird looks in public places... haha... so much for moses's "laws"

i have christian friends who accept me for who i am, but i can tell they still kind of look down on me secretly when i talk about boys/boyfriend/whatever. thank you... everyone's right: we need lots more people like you =) straight but not square...

p.s. queerstink's answer sounds like a troll answer... either that or he (she?) is one of the dumbest people i've ever heard of... there are sick radical members of ANY group, even the oh-so-holy christians. need i say more?

God said "you will not judge any" Those saying its a sin to be gay, they are judging. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay. So those who say bad things about gay people are simply afraid. as far as i know, gay people are loyal, nice, always there to help, and most of all, very respectful. Honestly i think those who judge gay people should get over it

• Emily

Its not wrong but i think this is a question for the R&S section. I see it as them just being afraid of us for no apparent reason. They commit acts against their seven deadly sins and yet homosexuality is the huge abomination. How about divorce? Lust? Gluttony? Greed? I could keep going. Divorce is what gets me the most, they make such a huge deal about how sacred it is and yet they commit a huge abomination against it.

Andrew H, you're a legend.

Lucky there are lots of other people out there who think like you - eventually the people who think otherwise and act in a hateful manner towards others will be out voted.

• danny

The world needs more people like you.

• winnie

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it's too bad people can't just 'live and let live'.

I think it's even more wrong to be christian.

Wow. Thank you. =). :: hugs ::