Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Question for McCain supporters - do any of you dislike Palin?

Just curious if any one is willing to admit that THEY feel Palin was a poor choice, even if you whole heartedly support McCain?....

Favorite Answer

Yes, she was the wrong choice. By far. I think ANY of the other real choices would have worked. I have a lot of faith in McCain, but zero in Palin. I think she was a last minute choice, and a poor one at that.

I support McCain.

The Palin question is hard to answer. I like her. I support her. But I dont think she was the best choice right now. I've actually known of Palin before he picked her and I thought that she would have a great national political career someday because of all the good work she has done in AK, but I honestly dont think she is quite ready yet. I think she was plucked before she was ripe. I think she would have been a great choice in 2012 but not right now.

My only hope is that if McCain/Palin take it. McCain stays healthy long enough that Palin could catch up to the game.

I still feel that voting McCain/Palin is the lesser of two evils though, because I dont think Obama is ready either. And I would much rather the OTJ training be given to the girl in the number two spot than the guy who gets to push the big red button.

Picking Palin is what MADE the bulk of McCain supporters. You have no idea how any of "us" were going to jump ship before the Palin announcement.

I guess your question does have an unintended point, though. People who whole heartedly supported McCain BEFORE were "liberal Republicans," so Palin probably did drive some of them off.

Absolutely NOT...Palin was the best choice! She promotes everything McCain stands for. Granted she's not the best speaker and tends to get spooked by her newly found fame, but as a leader....she's proven!

My respect for McCain went up 10 fold when he chose Palin

No, I think she was a GREAT choice. She's brings along a lot of advantageous qualities all in one package: executive experience, conservative values, a woman, an 80+% approval rating, has a special-needs child, and best of all....she governs ALASKA which has drilling potential.

one guy answered a question to me and said he wanted mccain but was voting for obama because of palin...they are out there and the more we hear from her the more we will hear from them

Most definetely! But I rarely like running mates

I think she was a better choice for McCain than Biden was for Obama.

I think Obama probably feels the same way!

We like Palin better than Mccain