Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Los Angeles vs. New York City?

Born and raised in the great city of Chicago and planning on moving next year. I'm aware that both LA and NYC are expensive and aren't what they are cracked up to be like on television.

This will be the first time on my own from home, which do you think I should move to FIRST. I will eventually move to the other city in the future.

These are just two of the many places I will live in my entire life. I know what you're thinking, I'm very ambitious.

But when I put my mind to something I do it! So believe me when I say that Los Angeles and New York City are just the two of MANY places.

Favorite Answer

LA <3

Unless you're a really loaded trust-fund baby and pulling down healthy six-figures a year, you'll probably not be in the "as-shown-on-TV areas" of either city. But there are decent, middle class areas in both cities, and it's the lifestyle that matters most. NYC is more fast paced, diverse and not as gentrified as L.A. - except for certain localities in Manhattan. NYC's public transportation system is also miles better. L.A. is more relaxed, better weather, and slightly more affordable than NYC. And both cities offer a moderate chance of spotting celebs if you are lucky enough - now that is something that can't be said about every city. Have your pick. I'll go with NYC.

Los Angeles

New York City,

Los Angeles.

New York

New York

Los Angeles.You have the beach, and mountains here. It's wonderful, I love it here!

The Eagle Rock area of Los Angeles isn't that expensive, it's a small city with very low crime rate, it's a city that you can walk your dog at night.

Source(s): L.A. woman born and raised....If you do move here email me and I'll show you around, I'll be your first friend!

NYC <3

New York!!