What version Bible should I buy for a Seven Day Adventist?

I want to buy a friend of mine the Bible on CD, but I didn't realize there are so many versions. Which one do you recommend that I get someone who is a Seven Day Adventist.

I am not Christian and really don't know too much about the Bible but I thought it would be a nice gift for someone is is Christian. Is it appropriate for me to even give someone a Bible?

Thank you in advance for your advise.

Favorite Answer

Adventists often choose to use any from a range of Bibles.

The standard that everyone would refer back to is the King James version (KJV).

For modern adventists though, they would probably prefer to use something with more up to date language but with a good translation. Ones worth looking at particularly are the New King James version (NKJV) or the New International version (NIV). Stay away from any Bible that states it's a paraphrased version or the Douay-Rheims version (That strongly favours Catholic beliefs, which would offend Adventists).

Note: Seventh Day Adventists are not known as Mormons. That would be the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints. Giving the book of Mormon to an Adventist would get you some very odd looks (they might think you are a Mormon and trying to convert them).

A Bible would be a very nice gift to give an Adventist, but do be careful which version you choose (KJV, NKJV & NIV are the best choices). The nicest editions of any bible will have ribbon bookmark and used beautiful red text for any words spoken by Jesus.

If your Adventist has a sense of humour, you might want to also check out the Australian slang version of the Bible. This is definitely very tongue in cheek (and not for any serious bible study) and very funny to read. Yes it is a proper translation of the New Testament only into Australian Slang. You can buy a copy in Australia from Koorong Books.

Source(s): Seventh Day Adventist ,,,^..^,,,

Yes and thank God you asked such a good question. I personally recomend A four in one Bible. I study out of one of my Bibles which has te KJV, The Amplified, The New America Standard updated edition, and The NIV versions all in one copy. Praise God for such a good friend. Plus please all 7th Day Adventists out there look up Jude 9 in the KJV of the Bible. Micheal the ARCHANGEL is not the one and same as the Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Tim 2:15 Please. Rev 12: 1-6 Please go to the older and real Hebrew and Greek and find out the real truth. I Christian love a quick note from The Lordsoldier

Source(s): The truth of the Holy word and the Holy Bible

The King James Version is definitely the best.

• DCFN

New International Version might be good.

Not a New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures---that's for JWs.

I imagine that your friend already has a book version of the Bible.

PS they're Seventh Day Adventists, not Seven Day Adventist---they're also known as Mormons, so probably a CD version of the Book of Mormon. Not a Bible, I think.

KJV. And check the page below to know more about true Christianity. Your friend falsely believes that Michael the Archangel and Jesus are the same. Among other things.

I got a friend the bible on toilet paper once. It has a verse on every sheet.

All they really need is Deuteronomy and Daniel.

Source(s): I married one.

NIV