Is the F-1 Student Visa in the U.S. a multiple entry visa?

I am petitioned by an H-1B and will change my status to an F-1 Student Visa. I would just like to ask if the student visa is a multiple entry visa?(Would mean that i could enter again and exit in the U.S)


1 Answer

  • CPG
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you are in the U.S. already on an H1B and you are changing your status then you will not receive a new visa. However once you depart the U.S. for any reason, you will need to schedule a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy for you to receive an F-1.

    The question as to weather said visa will be multiple depends on reciprocal agreements between the U.S. and your country.

    NB: You are able to study in the U.S. on your H1B and you may also qualify for in-state tuition on an H1B, but you will not on an F1.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.