Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

What should i do? HELP!!!?

Ok so my friend and i have been ok friends for a few years (6). Im in 9th grade and so is here. So heres the problem, Im really social and he isn't. Being with him is holding me back from getting other friends in HS. Plus he thinks he can fix my life. I honestly don't like him that much and don't want to hang out with him that much more but do not want to do it in a way that will totally ruin our relationship. What should I do?

Nothing really is wrong with my life except he thinks my relationship my dad and me is not good so he always buts in and starts saying **** to him.

Also i forgot to add the fact that he is really demoralizing. Like everything that i want to do he will always say "I doubt you could of ever made it on the football team" or how he always thinks he's right at every single thing.

Favorite Answer

tell him how you feel. Let him know that you guys have been friends for a while and you don't want to lose him as a friend but you also want to experience high school and have a good one. Let him know that you need a friend who supports your decisions and wants you to be happy and not hold you back from anything you want to do. You also need a friend who isn't going to try and run your life. If he cannot understand that then sadly you will probably have to let him go.

I would get involved in activities at school that your friend would not be interested in. That would give you the opportunity to meet new people without him being around and spend less and less time with him as a result of your new found interests. You may just gradually drift apart over time because of this. Since you don't really like him that much, if he asks why you don't spend time with him anymore you could just let him know that you feel that you two really don't have that much in common anymore. Or you could just set aside some time for the two of you to do something together once in a while without anyone else as a way to keep him in your life if that is what you want.

I'm curious to know in what ways is your friend trying to fix your life? What is wrong with your life that needs to be fixed? Do you even feel that your life needs to be fixed?

just start to hang out with other people. if he is holding you back from hanging out with other people, it is not a healthy relationship b/w the 2 of you. i know where you are coming from. he'll learn to make new friends too. you are not obligated to spend every waking moment with him.

....Wow.

IF YOU LOVE HIM, who gives a flying poop if you don't get anymore friends, thats really shallow of you, that shows you dont care about him at all and all you care about is your rep. In my opinion you have no rep to protect. God, get an ego shrinker or something.