Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

assassination of people?

hi im a freshman in highschool and i am having a debate on assassination

i was wondering if you guys could give me your opinion on whether or not assassination would be the way to go

and why

thank you

• Ben J
    Favorite Answer

No it is not the way to go. It is essentially immoral and wrong and the way of cowards who end up in hell boring everyone that they did not know it was wrong. If you have to kill then do it honourably. Arrange for a duel with swords.

In general, assassination is frowned upon in the (civilized) world today.

However, I don't see a problem with assassinating terrorist leaders instead of sacrificing the lives of soldiers and/or innocents trying to capture them instead.

Of course, the big question there is, who determines which people are evil enough to assasinate? It may create a moral conundrum for some, but frankly, if someone is willing to plan the murder or innocents in any way possible, I see no reason why assassination should be ruled out as a means of stopping him.

I feel assassination of truly evil people who are out of control eg; Hitler is appropriate.

In these circumstances the actions of the said people have already shown them as guilty of the crimes so a trial should not be required. Everyone IS innocent until proven guilty however there is no way that an individual who has take the lives of so many deserves to be treated fairly or have the privelege of a trial.

Try this Web site and see if it helps. Take notice of President Ford signing an Assassination Ban in 1976.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/news/2001/09/re091801.html

Assassination is not consistent with fair play expected of nations that value rule of law.

Assassination is but one step ahead of random acts of terror as a tool to destabilize governments.

They did it in the 60's all over the world. I can't see that we're better for it. Geessshh.

in some cases its good like the movie Munich

• are you serious? would you like to be assasinated?