Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Should I take my ACT as a Freshman.?

I am a pretty smart kid and I would like to see what I am looking at as far as ACTs go I have no siblings to help me. Can someone give me their opinion on this issue.

Favorite Answer

I think taking it as a freshman is too early. You can start considering it close to your end of sophomore year or even junior year. Remember that university early admission can usually be during the first months of senior year so don't leave it for the last moment. But junior year is the best option! Take it the first time too see how much knowledge you have, your strengths and weaknesses, and to understand how the test is. Then consider your score and study, a practice book can be of great help. Specially practicing reading speed, comprehension and increasing your vocabulary.

I'm a freshman as well, and I'm kind of at a "smart people" school (dead serious), but I doubt that taking the ACT now will do anything for you in the long run. Simply because, if you're a freshman now and very smart, by the time you're a Junior or a Senior, you'll be even smarter and will score much much much higher.

But, if you really want to impress people, go ahead. You can only get better.

You can take it and see how you do. Even if you don't do well you can take it over and do better next time. I think it's best to take it by junior year. You don't want to take the ACT or SAT as a senior because it is way too stressful. Trust me that you will not have time. Good Luck..I hope you do better than I did lol.

No. Take it as a sophomore, then go to your guidance counselor and tell him/her that you want the school to run your score through the AP (Advanced Placement) Potential report. The AP Potential Report will provide you with a list of AP courses that you have a good chance of passing. With that information, you can make some great choices of courses for the rest of your high school career. If your counselor doesn't know about it, tell them to go to the CollegeBoard website and research it for you. It'll be worth it!

Source(s): CollegeBoard website. NASSP.org (National Association of Secondary School Principals.

Do not. You WILL score better later on, so why waste the money now? If anything, take it once as a junior and then as a senior or twice as a senior.

take the practice tests, ask your guidance councilor about a plan or pre sat test that will help you r prepare for the real thing and give you an idea of where you are. dont do it this year. wait until 11th grade to insure you get the best grade possible, unless you die or something your not gonna get stupider

• Yes, if you have the money. Its not like it would hurt you or anything you just gotta sit your *** there for 4 -5 hours answering problems.

You could always start studying. I wouldn't take the test yet though.

No