Lakers Small Forward?

What do you think the Lakers should do for their Lineup. I think that they should do this

C: Andrew Bynum

PF: Pau Gasol

SF: Lamar Odom

SG: Kobe Bryant

PG: Derek Fisher

We would get rid of Walton and Vladimer, have Ariza come off the bench for SF, sometimes use Kobe at SF, put Sasha at the SG and PG, and have Farmar and Turiaf come off the bench.

Favorite Answer

I think you have the right idea, this line up must be tested. The fear is that Odom can't keep up with smaller, quicker, more athletic small forwards. I think Odom, defensively, is the Lakers best bet against the bigger small forwards such as James, or Josh Smith... the concern for the Lakers are players like Gerald Wallace or Paul Pierce. Odom matched up against Pierce in the finals and was shredded, along with Walton and Vladman, so Ariza could be the best bet against slasher type players. I think who starts matters less than the match up, something Phil is amazing juggling.

U R Very Very Right But

1-Walton Should Stay as A Bench Player Because He Sometimes Show something

2-Radmanovic Should Stay Because His we need A Benchman With 3PT Ability

I Think Lakers Should Get Gerald Wallace As A SF

And Josh Smith or Carloz Boozer As PF

3-Turiaf Is Now A Warrior In Golden State

4- After 2 Years Farmar Should Be A Starter

But Ur Starting 5 Is Exactly Like MIne

I Think LAL Should Get Gerald Wallace As SF

And Josh Smith As PF (If It Doesn't Work Get Carlos Boozer As PF)

That would be a great line-up, but I recently heard that Phil Jackson would actually replace Odom with Ariza as the starting SF. But that's only if the rotation doesn't work. Sorry, but Ronny Turiaf signed with the Warriors so he is no longer a Laker.

C: Andrew Bynum

PF: Pau Gasol

SF: Lamar Odom

SG: Kobe Bryant

PG: Jordan Farmar (Have Fisher come off the bench, like he did in Utah)

-Lamar would be a great 6th man cause, he could play both PF/SF, but he is just to good to bring off the bench.

I heard that Phil Jackson may try to start Trevor Ariza if he doesn't like the look of way things are going early in the season, but I think he'll start out the season with Odom as the starter (basically the lineup you have up there).

Ariza is a defensive specialist but he's not much of a scorer. Odom is more verstile and long, he can create more mismatches and has a better offensive game.

I think this is best lineup available, unless for some reason the Lakers get LeBron. Marion wouldn't do well in LA. His main reason for leaving Pheonix was because he was the third option, if he came to the Lakers, I don't think he would be too happy.

Josh Smith on the other hand, wow. Just imagine the possibilities.

C: Andrew Bynum

PF: Pau Gasol

SF: Lamar Odom

SG: Kobe Bryant

PG: farmar

fisher is getting old and should retire and not be like diesel

• NA

That is what the starting line up is going to be, plus Ronny Turiaf signed with the Warriors like 2 months ago

Turiaf is gone, he is a trader. Why would you want to get rid of Walton and Radmonivic? I like the starting 5 but wouldn't mind seeing Ariza start and Odom lead the 2nd unit

rumors of odom switching to sixth man, but i dont know how well he'd do in that position. odom does better when he has less pressure to produce. by putting him in with farmar, sasha, and whoever else is in the second string, it forces lamar to be the "go-to" guy, and he wont be able to handle that. his best bet is remaining in the starting lineup.