playing rock band 1 songs on rock band 2 on xbox 360?

okay so i just bought rock band 2 last week and i own the first game. How do i transfer my rock band 1 songs to my xbox 360s harddrive so i could play them on rock band 2

Update:

omg someone just put the answer just put your rock band 1 game in

dont put stupid answers

i want to only use one disk

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You need to put Rock Band 1 in your 360, load it up and there will be an online title update. Then go to game options and there should now be an "export" option. You will then be forced to pay 400 Microsoft points to complete the export and 55 songs from the first game will be saved to your hard disk taking up about 1.3 GBs. This will also take about 10 minutes to complete.

Then just put in your new Rock Band 2 and rock out.

• 1 decade ago

first off, you need to have your 360 hooked up to Live.

once you do that, it will give you 1-2 updates that you have to load. one will be the Music Store option to download extra songs, the other will be the extract songs tool, which will be under the Options menu.

it will cost 400 MS points (which you can buy through live easily enough), and what it will do is make a copy of all the songs and put it in the same folder as any downloaded songs you may have.

once you have those songs copied (which will be everything except Paranoid, Enter Sandman, and Run To The Hills) you can also go into the data for Rock Band and delete any of the extracted songs you dont want.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you need 400 microsoft points

and you buy the transfer thing from the marketplace

under rock band

and your set!

• 1 decade ago

Just put in your first Rockband game and play the songs you want to.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.