FrAnK Da TaNk asked in SportsRunning · 1 decade ago

signing and paying RUNNING MARATHONS?

how can someone sign up register etc for a running marathon ? and is it always necessary to pay a charity fee to enter

Favorite Answer

All marathons have an entry fee, but they can vary in price. While much of everything involves volunteers and donations (bagels, gatorade, water cups, music, awards, champion chips, etc.), some of it needs some financial support. Most do support a charity too, which is in the spirit of many runners - i.e. run in the name of someone or some group.

Those that enter races without paying are called bandits. If everyone were a bandit, who would put on races?!

Source(s): I've been running and racing for 15 years!

Because you've got performed a few lengthy distance jogging earlier than, you do stand a tight risk of being in a position to conclude if you're taking a run / stroll process (ie, run five miles / one million hour / some thing, then stroll a couple of mins, & repeat as probably as quintessential). I'm guessing you might on the whole manipulate that at a nine-10 minute velocity with no need to DNF. Be certain to take fluids and carbs by and large. If you rather have not performed any lengthy runs (wherein I imply 15+ miles), ever, then I would not suggest looking to run the complete factor. It might appear like a well concept for the primary five-10 miles, however by the point you get to mile 15-20 and fact units in, it is most likely you'll be able to be hating lifestyles. I cannot inform you what number of runners I've obvious signal up for marathon, educate for it inadequately, and say, "What the hell, I'll simply run for so long as I can and stroll the relaxation." They regularly emerge as going for walks off the path. Walking 6-10 miles is handy while you are contemporary, however while you've already run 15-20 miles, all of the sudden it's not so handy anymore. (Marathons rather don't seem to be very a laugh as soon as you've gotten been in the market for five hours.) That's rather the one danger. If you have not proficient for it, it is not likely you'll be able to be in a position to run it rough or rapid adequate, for lengthy adequate, to honestly harm your self in besides. It pretty much comes right down to how lengthy you are inclined to stick out at the path for, and what you believe you'll rather get out of it.

• Find a marathon you want to enter, go to the website, and follow the directions. Most aren't too pricey, but yes you have to pay it. Putting on a big race isn't cheap.