Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

What position did John Madden play?

I know he was drafted into the NFL out of California Polythecnic State University but I cant find a source that says what position. Preferably specific like LG (left guard) or something, but OL (offensive lineman) will do just fine. Thanks.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A football standout in high school, he then played junior college football at the College of San Mateo before transferring to California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California, where he played both offense and defense. He won all-conference honors at offensive tackle. In addition, he was a catcher on Cal Poly's baseball team. Madden was drafted in the 21st round (244th overall) by the National Football League's Philadelphia Eagles in 1958, but a knee injury in training camp a year later ended his playing career.

• 4 years ago

John Madden College

• Tara
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

John Madden played college ball at the College of San Mateo & then transfered to California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California where he played both as an Offensive & Defensive Linebacker. He began his coaching career at Buffalo State College while he was finishing up his master's degree at Cal Poly.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Left-out

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

he played on da line offensive tackle.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The waterboy

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he played left defensive taco eater, and center hotdog stuphin'

• manuel
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think he was on the O-Line.

• DK439
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

left out...what a dumb joke answer

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think DE or something idn hes too old idn his history

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.