How come some people are so ignorant to think Iraq attacked us on 9-11, and that is the reason we are there?

• BFS
    Favorite Answer

Because that's what the Bush administration wanted you to think prior to their going in. Now they're in, and have no exit strategy, and openly admit that Iraq had no involvement with 9/11.

• debijs

~~I am astounded how I keep hearing this too. I really thought our fellow countrymen were wise enough to do some research and watch the documentaries available to us. Evidently there are more sheep than independent thinkers. It's really scary to me. Iraq is all about oil and the Bush admin lied, cheated, and schemed to get in there. We are so hated by most other countries I believe the risk of terrorism is at an all time high. I still can't figure out why Bush has manged to escape impeachment. I just don't get it at all anymore.~~

• Ben J

The President of the United States declared this was so and everyone agreed. Because to disagree would mean you were a dirty communist or something similar.

We supported the US because of 9/11. Then watched in horror as you began to invade and kill others based on this misconception.

And now you are broke. Worse still many have died.

Please elect the right man.

You answered your own question. They think that because they are ignorant. Too many people go around spouting about current events without ever looking at a newspaper or listening to the news, prefering instead to either simply rely on something they heard or saw on some popular program or to just talk without having any idea what they are talking about. Its just plain easier to repeat something you've heard than to actually do a tiny bit of research to verify that what you heard is even close to the truth.

I don't believe that. I know the reasons for our military offensive. They are contained in the first link below. Begin reading after the first "whereas". A lot of the reason in that link were also in the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998. The second link below is to the text of that law.

it truly was the most absurdest excuse ever given

i'm even more amazed how they said they scrambled fighter planes to go find the hijacked planes and the fighter planes went searching in the wrong direction and couldn't find the planes

its all lies

the same crooks who did 9/11 are now trying to make the taxpayers pay this 700 billion bailout

well if you havent noticed but everytime we have a bush as a president then we have a war. its all p.busshes fault. he started the war now when he thought that it wasnt right but really come on it wasnt all the iraqs qho did this then why should they be killed or having things they care bout destroyed.

Source(s): P.bush

It wasn't the Iraqis. It was bin Laden. The problem is that the Iraqi government and many Middle East countries refused to work with us in his capture and were opressing their people. The Republicans with Democrat support voted to wage war on these countries

Because our Loving and caring president decided to put us down in the dirt. God I just ... BLAH . and now because of him the stock market has gone down in the dirt. lets all bow down to him.

al;skdja;fsldkjafdajdfad;ajskd faslkjd;afkdjfs

blame that little red neck weasel bush...that's why were there cause hes a damn idiot...a 9 year old would be a better president then him!!!!