Will taking a bath in 102 water help me lose weight?

I thought it would since you would sweat.

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

Actually, when it comes to bathing or even drinking water, the colder it is, the more calories you'll burn.

So if you took a cold shower, you'd burn calories because your body is using Calories(energy, calories with a capital C) to keep it's average temp. up.

• Sarah

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

1.2 fl oz at only 5 days post partum is actually really good! You are doing great, please don't worry. Milk takes a while to come in properly, but as long as your baby is sucking, or you are pumping it will come- and the more your baby sucks, the more will come! Avoid supplementing at all costs, as this will only damage your milk supply. I had inverted nipples, and all the nurses commented that I wouldnt be able to breastfeed, and that Id 'just have to bottle feed'. They were no help at all, and my daugher simply would not latch. I sought the advice of 2 private lactation consultants, who helped me work through the latching issues. After 6 weeks of tears, bleeding, stress, pain and frustration we finally settled into it, and 16 months later we are still going strong! Its not always easy, we often dont have the knowledge or support systems around us, but some people give in far too easily. I was determined that I WOULD breastfeed, and that determination is half of the battle won. You seem to have that, so trust your body and you will be fine. Do some research online into correct latch, and different nursing positions and contact the La Leche League. I know EXACTLY how you are feeling right now, those few weeks were the toughest of my life, but worth every minute. Keep working at it, both you and your baby have to learn how to get it right. Keep pumping too- your milk will come in in bucketfulls really soon! If you can, maybe get a nipple shield to try and help the latching. I used that for a bit which helped. Just remember, only 1% of the population actually CANT breastfeed- trust your body, keep working at it, seek all the advice and help you can and remember, it is so worth the hard work! Chin up and good for you for wanting to make it work :)

No. Not substantially anyway. Easiest way to lose weight is to adjust your diet and get reasonable exercise.

It will make you lose water weight and dehydrate you. This will only last about half a day.

So no - it will not. Exercising will make you lose weight. Go exercise.