What is wrong with my computer?

When I play any movie or song on my computer; there is something wrong with the volume. I can hear the background music and the soundeffects regularluy, but when the characters talk in the movie or the verses in songs, the volume sounds distant. I can still hear it if I come up close.

• n7of9a

you most probably have 5 channel sound selected but only have 2 speakers...look in your sounds settings in control panel and make sure the speaker settings reflect what you actually have

alternatively it could be a software fault (i.e. the media player you are using). use vlc, it plays everything perfectly

Check the setting on your sound program some of them have additional settings that uses special effects (Creative Labs program for the SoundBlaster). If so, disable/change it.

If it is a laptop without using external speakers you have to listen very closely to hear dialog.

Source(s): That's my experience anyway. I have a Dell inspiron 1525.

turn up the volume