My 5 mos old daughter...?

How early can u detect ADHD in a young baby? Does anyone know?

I think u cant really tell until they start walking right?

I was only wondering i didnt say she had it.

Ya shes so squirmy been so since birth, i cant even feed her properly(BF) she arches her back then comes back to breast alot. she also likes to kick her legs as if trying to jump when feeding or playing.

what is Munchausen by Proxie??? was that supposed to be mean??

Favorite Answer

my daughter has it to and her doctor told us when she was born by the way she as squirming around in our arms but your baby looks a bit older than mine shes 6 weeks old and as hyper as can be!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO ADHD is over rated- for most people it's an excuse when you have a normal healthy and active child. a teacher tried to say my little brother was adhd who is almost 11. now, he is hyper but has no problem paying attention- he makes A's and does his homework, she just doesn't want to deal with it

babies have short attention spands anyway- i don't think you can tell until they start school- when they really need to pay attention

i once knew a 3 year old little boy on meds for it- it was sickening and it made him lieka zombie

people wonder why there are so many overweight kids these days but it's because they aren't playing and running around outside they they are suppose to

ADHD is usually not detected until around 3-4 years of age.

• Feythe

I think ADHD is an excuse for the medical community to prescribe expensive drugs to kids that don't need them.

30 or 40 years ago you never heard of ADHD. When kids were hyper (boys especially) back then, the parents simply sent them outdoors to play.

In more recent times, and in a LOT of neighborhoods, it's simply too dangerous to send your kids outdoors and let them run off their excess energy. And with the economy the way it is, most households require two working parents to make ends meet.

Thus, the kids are cooped up indoors and get into trouble being "fidgety" because they really just need to get outside and run.

In my opinion, if you can make time to take your kids out and let them burn off their excess energy frequently, your "ADHD" problems will disappear.

But that's just my opinion. Of course, you should always consult medical professionals, and get several opinions. Never rely on the word of just one doctor.

normally this isnt detected until early preschool and elementary years. All toddlers are very hyper active and I have been told that premature babies are 3 times at risk of having ADHD. In my books though, I just think of ADHD as a resource to medicate a child to sit and be quiet. Just my thoughts though.

Well im sure every body is different so maybe you can't tell if a baby has ADHD the same time for every baby. I would go to a doctor or talk to someone who has a kind with ADHD

My son was the same way.. Just feel lucky your one of those lucky parents! My best friends little girl is 4 months old and will wake up every 2 to 3 hours to eat during the night, and during the day she only takes 30 min naps about 3 times a day....

• Aithne

I personally would not let a doctor diagnose nor medicate my child for ADHD until they reached at least first grade. Younger kids have to be taught to focus on a task first. And young children tend to be full of energy and into everything.

I think ALL 5 month old babies appear to have ADHD.

Heck, most 2 yr. olds I know appear to have ADHD.

I don't think it can actually be diagnosed until at least age 3-5.

For infants (and Toddlers) the world is SO new to them, they spend their days running around 'investigating' things .. and once they figure it out, they're quickly onto something new ..

yeah when they start to talk walk and you'll really know when they start school but iwouldnt recommend medicene, my boyfriend who is 17 now hhasss bad adhd add and a lil torrets problems

and it messed up his heart and penis lol.

and all he ever talks about is how horrible it was to be on it. and he feels a million times better off, he said he was like a zombie and all he did was sleep.

and it made him have anger problems.

bad ones, outburst and ****.

• G.V.

I doubt ADHD is diagnosable in a child that young.