I just started talking to this guy i liked..how do i get him more interested in me? or how i do know he is?

i told this guy that i have interest in him. it's been only a week since we've been just talking, but it seems like he's opening up. i try not to be all clingy of course as in calling or texting him all the time. two days he was the first to text me after he was done with work asking me what i was doing and how my day was. we texted back and forth. and i called him and we spoke briefly and he said he'll maybe call me later. i didnt want to think much of it and wait for his call. he texts me like 2 hours later asking if i was sleeping. i text him back saying i was awake and he calls me. he's out with his friends but he called me. we speak briefly for like 10min because i tell him to have fun and we hang up. i text him jokily that i cant fall asleep and i want to bother him and we keep texting each other back making fun of each other. and then an hour later he texts me saying, "i hope this text doesnt wake you up. goodnight, sweet dreams, you funny girl =P"

that funny girl part is an inside joke btw him and i. i text him back saying im still awake but have a goodnight also and hope everything goes well tomorrow b/c he has something he needs to do. he texts me back saying go to sleep silly. i'll call you tomororw okay?

does this mean he's at least interested? i know im the one who told him that i like him but i'm trying to not call or text as much so i dont seem desparate but take it slow. but i want to know if hes at least interested? and do i play hard to get?

yesterday in the afternoon he texted me saying "whats going on? did youwake up on time for work? do you regret having to cover for your coworker? hah."

yesterday at night we texted each back and forth. after an hour or two he texts me asking what i was doing when he was out drinking with his friends. he calls me briefly and says maybe i'll call you tomorrow. he always seems to say maybe...why cant he just say ill call you tomorrow..but is he interested? do i not call or text first and wait for him when i was the one who told him i liked him first?

IT'S ALREADY 11PM RIGHT NOW AND HE HASNT CALLED NOR TEXTED ONCE. I DIDNT CALL OR TEXT HIM TOO B/C I DONT WANT TO SEEM NEEDY. DOES THIS MEAN HES NOT INTERESTED?

Favorite Answer

Well, after carefully reading, your friend revealed that he is actually playing hard to get with you, whether you knew it or not. The "maybe" is a way to play hard to get. So, if he is playing hard to get, then that means he probably loves you.