Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

How do I figure out what I'm going to do when I graduate college in december? ?

I'm graduating from college in december and instead of being excited, every day that passes by I find my self becoming more and more nervous.

I never knew what I wanted to do. All my life till this day people ask me what I want to be and I've always said I have no idea.

But now I am a few months away from graduating and I have to figure it out!

Right now I'm a criminal justice major. I thought about becoming a cop, and got a part time job with them, but I never seemed to becoming passionate with it and I dont know how good of a cop I'd make.

The only exceptional skill or talent that I have is writing. I enjoy to write short stories and fiction novels during my spare time.

People are now telling me to go into education cause I'd make a good teacher, but how am I supposed to know If I'd be good at it or not?

I'm also considering going into the police academy but I'm feeling hesistant toward doing that as well.

Can someone please give me some valuable advice?

How can I figure out what I want to do with my life? Cause I honestly have no idea but I do have the strong desire to suceed.

How can I find a job that I'd be passionate in and would enjoy doing?

Please help me!!!!!! I'm graduating college soon and I'm running out of time! My parents and family are putting a tremendous amount of pressure on me and I'm becoming very nervous!

Favorite Answer

Either become a cop, get into Law School or get an MBA.

It generally takes 15 years from when you sell your first story before you make more than a pittance from it. And the market for short stories has really tanked because of the internet.