Kevin R asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 1 decade ago

please translate Latin-English?

Please translate Latin-English: Flectere si nequeo supros, infernos elevabo.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"If I cannot bend Heaven, I will raise Hell."

-----

"flectere" = "to bend"; see "nequeo", below.

"si" = "if".

"nequeo" = "I cannot": 1st person present singular of "nequire" = "to be unable"; "flectere nequeo" = "I am unable to bend".

"supros" (or more commonly "superos") = "Heaven"; accusative case, i.e. object of the verb "flectere nequeo".

"infernos" = "Hell"; accusative case, i.e. object of the verb "elevabo".

"elevabo" = "I will raise": 1st person future singular of "elevare" = "to lift/raise".

• Login to reply the answers
  • Rosa L
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Check your wording - 'supros' does not appear to be a valid Latin word.

• 4 years ago

Garwy is right, not only in the translation (you could say "by" instead of "through"), but also in that sounds like a motto. Just FYI, the infinitive (conficere) is a perfectly acceptable shortened form of the 3rd person pluaral, perfect active past tense.

• 6 years ago

flectere [the elect, demons] si nequeo superos [by name appear], infernos [order] elevabo [rank]

non dabitur regnis [but none reign], esto, prohibere [except probably] Latinis [Satan exactly],

atque immota [the immortals] manet [think] fatis Lauinia [fanciful theory] coniunx [connections beautiful fancies then]

here is a list of names (hell demons) in order of rank and none of them are established except for Satan himself. Sometimes the gift of immortality can concoct such fabrications, such as lists of demon names....= Are nothing but the fancies of immortals by which nations cede or are sacked, truly the blood of Troy is red: the proof.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I'm sorry,I havent taken Latin, I know infernos means hell... and i think elevabo means to put above, kind of like worship

im sorry im not much help

• 1 decade ago
    Source(s): Google
  • 1 decade ago

try

dictionary.com

and go to translate

it will translate it for you

=]

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.