what is a good side dish with chicken alfredo?

I am not a very good cook and i need a side dish. i am making chicken alfredo and i have no clue of what to make for the side.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Provincial Tomatoes

"Delicious fresh tomatoes broiled with a tasty cheese topping."

INGREDIENTS

2 large tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices

salt and pepper to taste

1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese

1/4 cup dry bread crumbs

2 tablespoons dried parsley

DIRECTIONS

Preheat your oven's broiler.

Place tomato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet or in a baking dish, season with a little salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Mix together the Parmesan cheese, Asiago cheese, bread crumbs and parsley; sprinkle over the tomato slices. Drizzle a little bit more olive oil over the top.

Broil for 5 minutes, or until the top is golden and toasty.

• Login to reply the answers
  • I would just make simple steamed broccoli. It will go well because the Alfredo is so rich, and it's good to cut up and go in the pasta as well!

Also Caesar salad is a no fail side dish for pasta.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

A veggie medley would go perfect with an alfredo dish. You could also do steamed asparagus

• 1 decade ago

Broccoli is a great side dish. Add a little lemon to it, and it makes the meal perfect! If you don't like broccoli, try another vegetable you like.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

more chicken alfredo... seriously. i think it is great by itself. but if u wanna have a side broccoli would be good

• 1 decade ago

pasta, maybe a farfalle or penne

I put broccoli, mushrooms, peas in the alfredo sauce for more "bulk" and flavor as well as adding color.

after i put the pasta on the plate with the sauce and veggies on top, I put diced tomatoes sprinkled on top forr added color and flavor...

sounds fabulous actually!!!

• 1 decade ago

Asparagus. Just steem Asparagus as you would broccoli, add some parmesan cheese and salt and there you go.

• danu
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

buy fresh bread,(u can also use reg. sliced bread) half it, butter and season with garlic salt and parsley.

broccoli or mixed veggies, steamed or sauted in olive oil(1/2 tsp) salt and pepper to taste

a salad

tomato, cucumber and onion salt and pepper and or you can toss it in your favorite salad dressing(fridge it while you cook)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Broccoli rice and cheese casserole.

• 1 decade ago

green beans fried with bacon & parmesan cheese on top

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.