10 year relationship two months without sex?

so i've been w my boyfriend for 10 years and a couple of months ago we went two months without sex, and now he is saying that it was not normal for that to happen. He now thinks that instead of just fixing it and working at this relationship he thinks that " things will go right back 2 the same ol' way". I am sad... show more so i've been w my boyfriend for 10 years and a couple of months ago we went two months without sex, and now he is saying that it was not normal for that to happen. He now thinks that instead of just fixing it and working at this relationship he thinks that " things will go right back 2 the same ol' way". I am sad that he would rather just walk away then put effort into making things work. what do you guys think is two months really bad? has anyone else gone through this? what did you do?
Update: when i say work on it i mean to have sex more, be the one to initiate and to be more affectionate.
Update 2: iI feel he doesnt want to work on it because is now ignoring the situation meaning doesnt want to hang out with me.
Update 3: and yes he was the person who adressed the situation but only after I tried to get it out of him my bf likes to just run away from problems instead of talking it over