Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Who else thinks that Brian Cashman should be fired?

He is a horrible GM who throws money at problems. He doesn't develop young players and no one in the Yankees bureaucracy seems to care. The times where hiring big free agents automatically wins you a championship are over. Catch up with the times Yanks.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Do not fire Cashman, it is not his fault that the people who were supposed to do their job choked up, you cannot go into the playoffs when all season lomg you are splitting series with teams that should be eating your dust. A-Rod needs to stop choking up when there are players in scoring position, Damon needs to be more consistent, Giambi needs a wake up call, we need to improve the bull pen, and fill in the gaps in the line up, too many people not performing, we are going to see some things shook up in the off seasonand I for one am looking forward to next season.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Anyone else sensing a bandwagon fan

But anyways no I don't think Cashman should get fired. Hes brought tons of talent to this team and has developed a good group of young and old players. If this team had better pitching which I think they will have next year they will get into the playoffs. Besides how can you fire a guy who has brought the Yanks five American League pennants and three World Series championships. He is an amazing GM and just because they didn't make the playoffs this year doesn't mean you have to fire him. Give him a break, he has made the Yanks perennial contenders.

• Joel
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You're overreacting. This guy has brought many talented teams to the Yankees, and he's been a key part to the Yankees' success. Just because they missed the playoffs for the first time in 12 years is no reason to be calling for his firing. If the Yanks do fire anyone, it should be Joe Girardi.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Are you kidding?

Brain Cashman brought a ton of talent to the The Yankees

Just because the Yankees did not make the playoff one year does not mean you fire a ton of people

People are overreactiing

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not at all...why would he get fired?...hes one of the best gms in baseball...sure hes traded away young players with talent...but at the same time hes got talen back...they didnt make the playoffs becasue the players were not performing...it wasnt cashmans fault...hes doing a fine job...the players just need to step their game up

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Are you nuts? what are you talking about? It was Brian who didn't sign Santana,or CC He threw no money around this yr,he put TOOOOO much faith in our young pitchers.NO we will keep Cashman however?Hal and Hank will not give him full controll of the club.

• joto
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i'm quite particular Cashman would not have the main suitable say in any of the signings. i could think of that Hank, Hal, and George Steinbrenner make the main suitable determination on who gets signed and who would not.

• 1 decade ago

No. But Hank Steinbrenner should be kidnapped before he becomes his father circa 1985 all over again.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

me

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not me

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.