Charlie asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

What has John McCain done to improve access to affordable health care during his 26 years in Washington?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • fdm215
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He's voted against countless health initiatives...that's what

• 1 decade ago

Since the Constitution of the United States gives the government no authority to interfere in health care, he has done nothing. This is as it should be.

• 1 decade ago

Since when was it the governments responsibility to take care of all the whiny people in the country? It is your job to take care of yourself and your family's health care needs. Buy insurance, it is not all that expensive if you give up your fancy car, your overpriced home, your toys, and all the things you CLAIM you need. What is really important to you? keeping up with the Jones' (who probably have a great health plan) by buying things that could break and be gone tomorrow, or your health and that of your spouse and children. America really needs to learn to by wisely, not to overspend their earnings, and guess what, insurance would be affordable for those who want it. Do you really want Uncle Sam telling you what you can do with your life and what treatment you can have?

• 1 decade ago

Sorry he still doesn't.

He wants to deregulate health care much the way he took part in deregulating the banks, but now he is leading the way.

We all know how well deregulating the banks turned out!

Huh republicans?? What was that?? But Obama is a super secret Muslim and the anti-Christ and he going to raise "YOUR" taxes! But now the republicans will say I have to just believe them at their "word" because you have no proof......... How pathetic.

LOL :P

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You mean what has he done to turn a functional and excellent health care system into a corrupt, inefficient, giveaway, vote buying, money hole? Nothing, I hope.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Since when is it the government's responsibility to provide health care?

• 1 decade ago

John McCain was ONE senator.

At least he was serving this country.

Obama was runnin' the hood doin' drugs, until college when he transformed into the new messiah.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He left it alone and that is the Best thing the Government can do, is to stay out of our lives.

He has supported every initiative for protecting the Earth. McCain is very proactive in taking care of our enviornment.

This relates dramatically to the health or people. But he nor obama can stop people from porking down on fattening food, smoking, not exercising, etc.

People need to take care of their own health!!!!

• justa
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

He went to the doctor.

Hes got great coverage, I take aspirin, my coverage is ending.

At sixty and not skinny, they don't want me, or my husband,

its a myth, not a fact that that affordable insurance is universally available, the affordability leaves if you or your spouse has ever had cancer, or asthma, or any chronic condition. Don't believe all the ads, they aren't telling the whole truth.

• 1 decade ago

what are you talking about McCain and his friend`s have easy access to affordable health care!!!

oh, you mean for the poor folks! lol that`s cute McCain caring for the middle class and poor! you almost had me.

thanks for the chuckle!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I guess these Republicans believe in extortion . Americans pay into our Government -but God for bid they should have any benefit at all from their own taxes .

And yet hypocrites that they are they are perfectly willing to get into national debt to bail out wealthy Bankers and they are perfectly willing to spend and barrow trillions of dollars on DEATH AND DESTRUCTION FROM WAR.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.