promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Which is a larger threat to the United States?

The return of communism in Russia? Or the threat of terrorism in the Middle East?

Update:

Bill R- you must be the more ignorant party to underestimate the militia power of the largest country on the planet.

Its not that I deny we have protection. But when you look at the threat of Russians arming up on South American soil with anger towards the US in their hearts... well... I'm afraid no missile tracking program can stop the largest populated militia from doing damage.

The question, again, is what is a larger threat? Islamic Extremist Terrorist Groups in the MIddle East? Or Armed Russian MIlitary in South America?

I can assure you neither is going to hold back because we have economic crisis... so why put on blinders to our own issues? We have to keep thinking globally... a 700 billion package won't help us when hydrogen bombs start falling.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

communism will not return to russia

but, russia is a far greater threat than middle eastern terrorism

russia could drop hundreds of hydrogen bombs on US cities in minutes.

terrorists live in caves

you have to be a complete brainwashed buffoon to believe terrorists are a greater threat

edit

these answers are absolutely pathetic, it is clear that many of these people have absolutely no clue regarding the military ability of russia and the united states.

let me make this clear because it is important that every american knows - US missile defense has never succesfully shot down a real ICBM - it has only suceeded in heavily controlled tests.

The ICBM fleet of russia would completely overwhelm the small missile shield.

As we speak there are 4-6 russian ballistic missile submarines patrolling in the oceans, each is carrying 16 bulava missiles. Each baluva missile delivers 6 independantly targeted hydrogen bombs that explode over their target 15 minutes after launch. Baluva missiles have in flight counter-measures - russian rocket scientists know how an ABM works - they have designed them and are completely aware of the physical limitations that come with shooting down a missile.

In addition there many more submarines that could go on patrol during a crisis and hundreds of landbased ICBMs that reach the US in under 30 minutes.

russia could completely destroy the United States in just a few hours.

the belief that we have some kind of super-technology is completely foolish, science is a very open field that engineers make use of to design new weapons

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Terrorism is more a psychological attack rather than a real attack.

Both are on the opposite side of the world to the US. Neither is really a threat is it ? I mean 9/11 was a terrible event but it didn't really damage the US itself did it ?

The biggest threat to the US I can see is an internal economic one.

• 1 decade ago

well let's see the ACLU, and all their attempts, and successes at tear down the Constitution is a bigger threat than either terrorism, or communism. Social program here in the US such as welfare hurt us more than both Russia, and the Middle East. Taxes that are way to high, and politicians spending way to much of my, and your money with no restraint, are a bigger harm Russia, or terrorism.

• 4 years ago

Okay, so how approximately the American men and women being it is possess biggest risk. We (no longer me) voted for him how commonly? The usa turns out to love the process he is doing, what giant retards are we? Think approximately what the arena thinks folks now for the reason that we have now this dumb *** as our consultant. Things had been allot calmer earlier than him proper? Not each nation used to be speaking approximately firing on eachother and their nukes/missiles being inventory piled. Maybe so nevertheless it wasn't far and wide the inside track, the entire international now sems as it's on area.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

terrorism, we can beat anyone conventionally, i believe we have the capabilities to stop any missile heading our way

do you really think we would advertise to the world that we can stop nuclear missles? so that they can spend they're funds creating other means of delivery? only an idiot would do that, what we are doing is letting everyone believe that missles are the best means of delivery so if they ever do make an attempt we are protected. we are by far the most advanced nation on earth ecspecially militarily, do you really think we havent come up with a means of protection? you must be nieve to think we havent

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Terrorism is a threat to the world.

• 1 decade ago

Terrorism is the biggest threat to me. They attack people erratically.

Communism is another form of government which usually stays in their own country. Not that it is not dangerous but it is not an immediate danger as is terrorism.

• 1 decade ago

Neither. Our broke economy! Our Federal Deficit!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The US is a threat to itself

• 1 decade ago

i don't care about terrorism in the middle east just not in the us.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.