Akkita
Akkita asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Did anyone else hear about PETA urging Ben&Jerry's to use human breast milk in their ice cream ? ?

Read PETA's letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield

http://www.wjactv.com/health/17539627/detail.html

I just find the concept/idea weird.......Opinions

Best Answer

PETA is one of the most radical organizations around. This is just another typical epitomizations of their far left philosophy concerning animals.

• QWERTY

Yes that is indeed weird. It would never work. I think PETA has gone way over the top on this one. Do they realize how much mother's milk would be needed for Ben & Jerry's ice cream? Do they want women to line up (like in a Dairy) and give milk all day long? What are they thinking?

<oh, right, Pamela Anderson is their spokesmodel, enough said>

• Yenta

I heard about this on the radio.

I am pretty sure there would be some health regulations the FDA would enforce in any such scenario. I think that Ben & Jerry's response that "mother's milk is best for the child" was a good one.

...and I also think this was a publicity stunt from PETA. And it worked! Lots of free publicity.

There is just something very disturbing about the thought of ingesting something created by another persons body. I cant even imagine myself being curious enough to want to try breast milk from a girlfriend/wife.

Oh well, PETA is crazy. So its not like I take anything they say seriously. With the current state of the economy though, could create a few new jobs....

I think their sales would go down. I don't really care, I mean we all drink when we are babies so no i don't think breast milk is gross, but in ice cream it would be strange. where would you find enough women to even supply gallons and gallons of breast milk? I would not eat the ice cream if it was made with breast milk, (even though i am a vegetarian and am against how milk factory's treat their cows.) but on the plus side a lot of people would be dropping pounds XP

• Matt

That is an awesome idea. I wonder if the PETA people do that in their homes; have human breast milk instead of animal milk.

nemeczek - The point they are trying to make is that PETA would rather see humans have the milked sucked out of them than cows.

You know I totally thought so to. Its absolutely unfeasible how could you get that much breast milk.

On the other hand they have a point. Human milk is genetically designed for human consumption. If you could do it it would be healthier but not any less gross.

Also it could be genius marketing. Just think of the flavors that young boys would buy Linsy lohan and cream, Dolly Parton Pralines, Pamela Anderson very very cherry, Kardashian Marshmellow fudge?

Yes I read it and it was a publicity stunt by PETA. They knew damn well that the concept was outrageous and still sent the letter for consideration of the cows we feed on.

The stunt worked, look at the response they got!

Is it not funny to some people how we drink a milk produced by another animal? We use it for all kinds of foods.... While I am not an advocate of this and I have never tried breast milk since I was a baby, I have thought of this b4.

Even if everyone was down with it, the main problem would be volume. How on earth could we produce human milk in the volumes we consume cow's milk?

• Kimmy

I'm a peta supporter in only some cases, where you would want to stop animal cruelty and promote less-painful deaths to the meat people eat. Yeah, I'm a vegetarian.

But, That's going a little too far.

They're getting way out of hand, and going to into their little sick fantasy world and trying to get the concept unnatural