Allen V asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

i am 5`6-5`7 and am wondering what size stick do i buy???? (senior or intermediate)?

i want an easton s-17 stick

i want to but it from the internet

Favorite Answer

I am old school and still use a wood stick. I have a TPS Euro with a Tachuck curve on it. My oldest son uses Easton Synery and Octane sticks, my husband uses an Easton and my younger son, who is a goalie, uses Sherwood wood sticks with composite blades. I am the same height as you and have a senior stick, my younger son who is 5" also uses imtermediate sticks when he plays out and isn't in net.

The length of your stick depends on a) the position you are playing (forward, defence) and b) your personal comfort. Forward's typically want a shorter stick (cut to reach their chin or nose) for more overall mobility and better puckhandling to get around defenders. Defencemen typically want longer sticks because their sticks can be useful for getting in the way of any passing lanes the opposing team may want to utilize, longer reach for poke-checking in one-on-one situations and like the lady before me stated longer sticks give you more power when it comes to shooting and defencemen need power in their shot if they want any hope to score from the point. All that being said, you have to find out what feels right for you when you're playing. What are you best at when you play? What area would you like to gain an edge in (puckhandling, shot power, etc)? Ask yourself these questions and good luck.

Source(s): 20 years of loving hockey!

Try an intermediate, so like 60-65 flex. Buy a cheap composite. I would reccomend the Sherwood T-90. It's a quality stick that doesn't burn a hole in your pocket.

Size.. not sure.. adult?

Most people like their stick long. My bf matches it up with his eyes to give him more power behind his slapshot. Other people cut it down to where it goes to the chin. I would say anywhere between your nose and neck from MY perspective.

get the senior because if it is too long then you can just chop some off!

id go with senior cuz you can always cut it down if its too big