Why do gays feel the need to push their lifestyle down our throats?

Yes being gay IS a lifestyle

Just like being a drug dealer is a lifestyle

its the style of life that they choose, I am tired of gays pushing their lifestyle down our throats, people should be free to choose whether or not they like a certain lifestyle

Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean that you hate the people living it.

I don't push my straight lifestyle down anyones throat, so i'd expect them to respect me in the same way.

Favorite Answer

Amen to that. I don't give a rip what they do - why do we have to have it shoved at us ? What they want is total acceptance, but the best they're going to get is tolerance. They have tolerance now (from most rational people) but they think they can force things to change. In the religion/spirituality forum there is so much, "Why do Christians hate homosexuals ?" . They will not accept that Christian principles condemn homosexuality. (And don't give me, "where in the Bible does it say THAT ?" It doesn't say in the Bible that you shouldn't put babies in blenders and make smoothies out of them - some things were too obvious to even mention). So they want Christians to change the beliefs to make their lifestyle ACCEPTABLE, not just tolerated. Sorry, can't do that. If I was able to change the beliefs I'd change it to something I'd like like, "Thou shalt not kill except for people that drive slowly in the fast lane".

hey squiggles you still have legs dontcha? you might try just walking away otherwise you're in for a world of frustration, not that i mind personally i like seeing folks under pressure, their nature always comes oozing to the surface than you truly know with whom you are dealing with. the only way anyone can ram a lifestyle down someone throat is if they strap you to a chair and make you deal with it beyond you having any choice in the matter. if you really want to know what a stupid word lifestyle is you have to remember that in the most basic sense all the guys involved in the crusades had an active outdoor lifestyle, so were i you a more forethought in the future might be handy

Actually the straight lifestyle has been pushed down everyones throats since the beginning. Every novel focused on the straight lifestyle. Until recently every movie, TV show, and radio show focused on the straight lifestyle. Most songs until I'd say the 90s focused on the straight lifestyle. I'm straight. However, I don't feel the gay lifestyle is being shoved down my throat. It's a matter of being able to look at things in a fair and balanced way and to see things from another point of view.

I think it is all part of Satan's plan to take our eyes off of Jesus. If we are embroiled in a fight about homosexuality we won't think about Jesus and salvation.

• Jen

How are they pushing their lifestyle down your throat.

Be more specific.

If you're against the random gay parades that some cities that actually ALLOW have going down their streets, they're just showing pride. They're not radaring straight people and trying to turn you gay or anything.

It's like those people who picket against gay people during those parades.. they're sort of pushing their 'straight lifestyles' down the throats of gay people to aren't they?

Don't let a certain sample of people bug you..

The majority of people, including gay people, are just trying to live their daily lives without being judged on their sexuality...

Someone's sexuality is not the basis for every decision they make in their day to day lives - get off the computer and look around..

Are people walking around shaking hands going, "Hi my name is _________ and I'm straight just in case you want to know"

I have gay Friend's and they don't push their way of life down anyone's throats - people are different , It's like Christan's trying to encourage others to be Christan's , you don't have to comply to it

if you have a problem with gay people, don't associate with them. I don't know of any that force their lifestyle at me in any way.

They are trying to deflect the real issue:

AIDS

I think you just answered your own question... push it down our throats, get it? ;-)

That's kinda suggestive talk but in fact I don't think they really do that.