Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

Can i put a tote bag in the washing machine?

I mean its all fabric no metal things or anything can i put it in the washing machine because its sort of dirty.

So can I put it in? Will it get ruined or anything?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Kitty
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I wash mine all the time EVEN with metal things on them. Just don't wash if it has leather unless you don't mind the leather being altered.

: )

Source(s): Been there done that !
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I always wash my totes and purses all the time. But just make sure that you don't put anything in the washing machine with it. It won't get ruined I promise.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

If the bag is made of leather it can be cleaned only with leather cleaner! You can buy leather cleaner and do it yourself, or you can have a dry cleaning shop do it for you. Putting leather bag into a washing machine will ruin it. Once you get the bag clean, spray it with leather protectant such as Scotc Guard!

• 1 decade ago

Definitely! I spray my back pack with Spray N Wash, or Fantastic, or any kind of laundry spray, and toss it in the washer. It comes out brand spanking new. It just makes some noise with the zippers and all, but it's fine. I don't put in the dryer though. I just hang it up to drip dry. I'm not sure if anything in it would melt or something.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There's usually a tag inside purses on one side. Its just a regular fabric tag like on shirts. Sometimes it has washing instructions. If it doesn't, just wash your tote like you would any other clothing item made of the same fabric.

• 1 decade ago

Yes I always wash mine with no problem!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes you can put it in the washer if your worried just put it on gentle cycle.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.