Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

Can i put a tote bag in the washing machine?

I mean its all fabric no metal things or anything can i put it in the washing machine because its sort of dirty.

So can I put it in? Will it get ruined or anything?

• Kitty
    Favorite Answer

I wash mine all the time EVEN with metal things on them. Just don't wash if it has leather unless you don't mind the leather being altered.

: )

Source(s): Been there done that !

I always wash my totes and purses all the time. But just make sure that you don't put anything in the washing machine with it. It won't get ruined I promise.

If the bag is made of leather it can be cleaned only with leather cleaner! You can buy leather cleaner and do it yourself, or you can have a dry cleaning shop do it for you. Putting leather bag into a washing machine will ruin it. Once you get the bag clean, spray it with leather protectant such as Scotc Guard!

Definitely! I spray my back pack with Spray N Wash, or Fantastic, or any kind of laundry spray, and toss it in the washer. It comes out brand spanking new. It just makes some noise with the zippers and all, but it's fine. I don't put in the dryer though. I just hang it up to drip dry. I'm not sure if anything in it would melt or something.

There's usually a tag inside purses on one side. Its just a regular fabric tag like on shirts. Sometimes it has washing instructions. If it doesn't, just wash your tote like you would any other clothing item made of the same fabric.

Yes I always wash mine with no problem!

yes you can put it in the washer if your worried just put it on gentle cycle.