Should well informed, concerned voters erase the slate and pay attention to what is said at the debate to get?

an impartial, unbiased viewpoint and make their decision from there?

I am not saying to base your vote only on the debates but at least with this, you have a chance to hear from the candidate and not from a spun story that the media puts out.

This is exactly what I am speaking about. Hardly any Republican could answer the question without being partisan. Honestly, looking around, there is really no reason to debate. Your minds have been closed while your mouth stays opened.

Thank you Cherry for being honest and bipartisan with your answer.

Favorite Answer

No, I wouldn't trust anyone's judgment based solely on a series of debates.

I've always believed the debates are geared toward those who are undecided. That's especially critical in this election as it appears the undecided (at least according to polls if you trust them) will likely determine the outcome.

I think McCain & Obama supporters have already made up their mind, and barring some drastic revelation of their candidate, they'll stick with them regardless of the debates.

• hurdle

on an identical time as SNL has had a large run this election year, that's cred interior the political humour circuit has been critically hampered through each and every day teach and Colbert record. i'm greater in contact on the 20-somethings that are utilising those as their substantial source of information. Which, BTW, the two would be doomed if Obama gets in through fact Jon Stewart has made it completely sparkling that he's a liberal and if Obama gets in, we'd have a Dem Congress and Dem President......we did no longer like that in the time of 1994 purely as much as we did no longer like Republican dominance in 2006.

• Zelda

Eh, I think there's a happy medium. Yes, it's good listen to what people are saying now, but it's important whether that's consistent with things they've done and said in the past. A little flexibility is a good thing, but if someone has a lot of dramatic changes of heart, then I would start to wonder if what they say today has any bearing on what they would do a few months from now.

I agree with the above response.

That should be the point of the debate, but we all know that won't happen. No matter what is discussed tonight, it will be used (first by online individuals, then the campaigns) as ammunition for the next round of attacks, legitimate points not necessarily required.

The Warlock

After watching McCain fumble all over this economic crises the ball is in his hand to convince the voters that he is competent to be the next leader of this country . McCain have look indecisive on the issues he can't seam to make up his mind if he for something or against it .

I HAVE ALREADY VOTED FOR OBAMA

There is no reason to base your vote only on the debates.

Not every issue will even be covered in the debates.

• I'm sure NObama would love for us well informed, concerned voters to just erase the slate and go with whatever additional lies he plans to spoon feed his fans. But he still hasn't coughed up the truth about too many things and now he's trying to get people arrested for talking about them.

Obama using local MO police to silence opposition!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ArW0u...

Well informed voters don't count anyway unless they're part of the electoral collge! All we get to do is make ill informed noise!

MCain/Palin 2008!

no to erase the slate\

yes to pay attention and make decision

You mean erase Resko, Ayers and Wright? Don't you wish!