I need help. I bought a feeder rat for a pet because my roommate has a pet rat and she is so sweet and fun-?

Well, I got my rat straight out of the shipping box and when I got her home I noticed she was a wee bit sick. After doing some research I found out that they get upper respiratory infections and found a site that said I could use tetracycline. So, I went to the pet store and got some in the fish section and started... show more Well, I got my rat straight out of the shipping box and when I got her home I noticed she was a wee bit sick. After doing some research I found out that they get upper respiratory infections and found a site that said I could use tetracycline. So, I went to the pet store and got some in the fish section and started dosing her with that. After 5-6 days and no improvement I took her to the vet who changed her medication and that has worked and she is getting better. NOW- my problem is that whenever we put our hand in the cage to pet her to take her out she bites the crap out of us. She's drawing blood. She gets very weary and you can tell when she's about to strike- it's almost snake like. My roommate decided that if she flicks her she might stop but she hasn't- I have been blowing at her and it works fine but she still gets a bite in here and there. She bit my roommate pretty good and my roommate threw her- I think that will just cause her to dislike humans more though..My questions are; why would her behavior shift like that and how can we stop it? Thanks
Update: WOW- I'm amazed at the people who don't even understand what they read before they write something stupid. I'm asking for advise that's what the question is for. I know flicking the rat and throwing it is not good and I will handle that. But, if blowing at her is bad when she bites then what am I... show more WOW- I'm amazed at the people who don't even understand what they read before they write something stupid. I'm asking for advise that's what the question is for. I know flicking the rat and throwing it is not good and I will handle that. But, if blowing at her is bad when she bites then what am I supposed to do to correct the behavior? I don't need people saying that's bad and you need to give your pet away- I need advise on how to correct her behavior. Thank you to those that understood the question.