1,a switch that operates a light from two locations

2,a switch that operates a three-way light bulb

3,a switch specifically designed for high pressure sodium fixtures

4,a switch only used for 24 volt systems

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It is a switch that is paired with a second three way switch to control a fixture from two locations. A four way set up uses two three way switches with a four way switch in between the two and controls a fixture from three locations.

• 1 decade ago

Source(s): cuz i have 1
  • 1 decade ago

• 4 years ago

Did the old wiring have 3 wires and a ground? If not then your timer will not work properly. From the description of your unit, I suspect the switch had only 2 wires, a hot and a switch leg. There are other timer switches that are spring driven that will do the job. The black is power in, the blue is power out, the white on the switch is a neutral, your old switch is probably just a black and white (switch leg and power in).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bill F
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Tell Cougi that his switch is a 3 way. There is a 4 way which has three switches controlling the same fixtures.

• 1 decade ago

Never heard of a three way wall switch. Installed loads of two way where a light can be switched on by one and off by the other.

• Honey
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Three way wall switchs are used to operate a light from two locations such as from the top and bottom of a staircase.

• J.
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

We have a 4 way switch in the hallway downstairs.

The answer is No 1.....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

• 1 decade ago

i think it's a dimmer switch, check out acehardware.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.