Is Philippines a poor country?

Im a Filipno and the officials here are corrupt. Is the goverment that Bad? Why does other Filipino excel who goes out of the country and looks for a job abroad? Is the difference of salary that big?

G☺D BL♦SS PH♣LL♥PINES

Favorite Answer

yea.. philippines has too many DEBT..

the salary in other country is triple the salary here that's why.

:)

• Sandra

Although the Filipino "tigas ng ulo" ( hard headed ) attitude is very common so I understand your question I do NOT believe this attitude is dominant nor the primary reason for widespread poverty in the Philippines. After living here so many years I have come to believe the widespread happiness and contentment amongst Filipinos whether rich or poor leads to such poverty. Of course there are many other reasons like both local and international politics where it's probably in the interest of USA foreign policy and the Filipino wealthy, educated abroad elite that the Philippines remains a developing nation aka "third world" poor country.

• Johny

Yeah it is. Too many foreign companies taking the profits away from the people. That'll never change because the government is too poor and to corrupt to do anything about it.

• The country itself is rich with natural resources but the constituents aren't.

With regards to salary matters, it would depend on what kind of trade or profession you have.

The Philippines is rich in natural resources. But the governance is not good enough to make progress.

GOD SAVE THE PHILIPPINES!!!!!!

I would say yes it is a poor country

• lace

our country is not poor but the government is selfish. my family and i migrated to the US last year. don't get me wrong - i love the philippines and i'm proud to be a filipino but there are things that our government can't provide our children.

yes, the salary here is big -- huge difference. if you're a nurse in the philippines, you're lucky if you can get 15,000 pesos monthly salary but here, a nurse can earn more than $4,500 a month. we're in california however, right now these are our expenses: $1,500 rent (apartment), electricity and gas bill $67, telephone, cable and internet bill $147, car insurance $700 (for 2 cars), grocery bill $90 a week and gas for our 2 cars $150 a week.

now, do you still want to stay in the philippines or take your chance and live in california?

me? i still choose to live here. we have 3 kids and the school here is free until they finish high school. i even applied for free meals in school and my kids were approved, they eat in the school cafeteria for breakfast and lunch and it's all free. we don't even have to buy any school supplies because the school provides what they need. we just buy them their school bags.

last year, we were still in the philippines, we live in a small apartment, we don't own a car. but now here in the US - we live in a condo (we're just renting) and we have 2 cars - a BMW 5 series and a Mercedes Benz C230. imagine that? we couldn't live like this in the philippines, we wouldn't be able to afford it. and you know what, my husband is the only one who works in our family.

life is hard here in the US but you know what? it's easier to dream and conquer the dream when the government is willing to support you.

well it actually depends where you are in the philippines but i guess you could say it is a poor country

the government makes the country poor....since they are corrupt...but we also citizens are also making the country poor by being lazy...

My Gro says it may be poor but she never has a problem getting paying customers.