What do you think of this "gun owner" defending obama trying to silence the NRA?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Albx6...

He says he's a gun owner but he sounds like the rest of the robots.:

"First off, I'm a long time gun owner and now have two deer rifles and a hand gun for home protection. Also, I'm neither a Republican or a Democrat. That said:

I've seen the ads and they actually are full of lies. Obama is not now nor has he even stated that he was against ownership of guns for home protection or for hunting. The bills he has either voted on or supported were designed to get certain types of firearms off the streets and out of the hands of gangbangers and criminals.

That is not anti-2nd. Amendment. That is common sense.

Do we really need fully automatic machine gun type weapons being sold over the counter? I'm a pretty damn good shot with my .357. I don't need a fully automatic AK-47 or a pocket rocket cop killer. As an ex-fed and profiler myself I agree with banning certain types of weapons.

You want to call me anti-2nd. Admendment or Liberal because I don't believe every criminal and cop killer should be able to buy over the counter Assualt Weapons, armour peircing bullets or an Uzi?

EDIT: You add, "This question will most likely be removed and I see no one is really trying to defend obama, just attack the source and change the subject."

I didn't attack the source. I didn't attack you. I simply stated the truth. Obama has never tried to do away with the 2nd. Admendment. And as far as I know he has never been against freedom of speech. But freedom of speech does not, by moral or federal law, include the right to slander. A person wrongfully slandered has the right, by law, to due process to protect themselves against such slander."

How is it slander if it's true? Slander is making up lies to hurt a persons image and all the NRA is doing is telling people about obama's voting record. That doesn't count as slander.

Best Answer

Obama sure does have a very non-supportive history if he "supports" gun rights and the 2nd Amendment.

Facts about Obama.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.2

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.5

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month sales restrictions.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=399...

"ABC's local D.C. anchor Leon Harris asked Obama, "one other issue that's of great importance here in DC as well is gun control. You said in Idaho recently...'I have no intention of taking away folks' guns,' But you support the DC handgun ban." Obama's response: "Right." When Harris said, "And you've said that it's constitutional," Obama is clearly seen on tape nodding his head yes.

Lott, John R. Jr. (Oct. 2008) America's First Freedom, Obama's

Shifting Positions leave questions unanswered about guns...

Page 64

I am sorry, he may not be able to repeal the 2nd Amendment, but he will definitely make things harder on legal gun owners. All gun owners must stand together to make our voice heard that he has no common sense when it comes to gun control. With this man's history of votes and support, he is not to be trusted. He will sell this country out to the UN faster than we can blink...

Source(s): Gun Owner, NRA membe NObama '08
  • AZ2CO

Obama supports the new version of the "Assault Weapons Ban", (H>R> 1022 which allows the Attorney to ban ALL semi-automatic firearms with this paragraph;

"(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'."

Can anyone name a firearm design which has NOT been used by the military or police?

THESE would be "assault weapons";

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerf...

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/r1rifle.tpl

http://www.thegunsource.com/store/item/65308_Mossb...

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/...

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=37...

Not to mention the M-1 Carbine and the M-1 Garand

(BTW: The First Browning and the first Maxim machine guns were converted lever action rifles.)

Let us deal with first things first. I think you are a liar when you say that you are an "ex-fed and profiler". If you were, you would know that government figures such as people running for office are not able to file a slander suit. They are public figures and public figures are subject to all kinds of remarks. They cannot retaliate in court. If they could, the courts would be jammed at election time.

Secondly, what your man Obama does speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what he says. He wants to remove guns from the hands of the criminals but he goes at it is such ways that he will disarm the law abiding public. As for the fully automatic weapons, as any ex-fed would know, you have to have a class 3 FFL to own, build, sell or buy a fully automatic weapon LEGALLY. The gang bangers get theirs ILLEGALLY. Will the illegal market abide by any additional laws that Obama would pass? As any fool knows, only the law abiding will obey the laws, the gang bangers just laugh at the fools who let themselves become disarmed victims.

Those who have not heard the truth about Obama should be told. Those who refuse to hear the truth are fools and should be avoided. You, sir, in addition to being a prevaricator, are the latter.

I think I should be able to own any firearm I want. I have never been in trouble with the law. and I abide by the rules that are set in place. Along with many other americans. I have some military and Law Enforcement training. If I want to own an RPG and I have a safe place store,carry and fire an rpg then I should be able to own one.

As for the permits for class 3 firearms. Those firearms are really expenisve. They are more money then most 2003 vehicles in good shape cost. And on top of that I have to pay the federal government $200. NO, That process should be changed. It doesnt matter how qualified you are, or how much you know. You can own one. You just got to have alot of money. EXAMPLE: People like paris hilton and a number of other rich people could afford damn near anytype of firearm they wanted. I dont know about you but I dont want to see a firearm in the hands of paris hilton without some kind of training, especially a class 3 nfa transfer weapon.

My solution: Instead of saying oh they are bad and evil blah blah, Imbrace them. Instead of giving joe blow that has a wad of money and can pass a back ground check an M60. Lets abolish the transfer tax and the ban that not lets people own "Machine Guns and Destructive devices" made after 1986. And let the government instate a training class and a background check before you can own them. Like a CWP class but for Class 3 items and lets have the government investigate "Fairly" in your home if you want to own one, to make sure that you can store these weapons properly and in a safe manner.

I shoot in Tactical competition where we use "assault rifles" to shoot targets in different events. And we use "sawed Off" shotguns to Blow The lock and hinges off of a door to gain access. We also use side arms. And the people that do this arent "BubA". They are the most responsible people you could meet.

So by banning the sale and manufacture of "assault weapons" and ban the sale of ammo used in assault weapons. That takes away my pursuit of hapiness,

weather obama is anti gun or not read BOboo beneath me.

FACT: In the IL senate He voted to ban assault rifles and confiscate them.

My 2 Cents

Of course it's absurd. If the poster actually did have previous experience as a federal law enforcement officer, he'd know some of the simple basics, like the fact that fully automatic firearms aren't sold over-the-counter, and those bought through the legal channels are never used in crime.

It also falsifies Mr. Obama's voting record, which the NRA has portrayed accurately.

This person's arguments are woefully outdated.

First - nobody has sold a fully automatic firearm over the counter since 1937. The Gun Control Act of 1938 fixed that.

Second - armor piercing ammo has not been sold in this country for 20 years, in 1988 when it was made unavailable to the public. At the time, one company was producing armor piercing bullets with a nylon outer coating, while several other companies were making nylon coated bullets to reduce lead at ranges for safety reasons. Thanks to Hollywood all nylon coated bullets became cop killers. Idiots.

What is the issue?

1st of all, by his mannerisms and vocabulary, I doubt very highly that this guy is an ex 'fed profiler' as the FBI does not use that term; they are called Forensic Psychologists. Secondly, he has hidden all of his history, a trait common with lefties so that you can't find where else they have spread their lies.

Now, on to the facts: In 1996, when Obama was running for the Illinois Senate, he filled out his Issues Questionnaire saying that he indeed WAS for the banning the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns as well as the banning of assault weapons. Also in favor of increasing restrictions of gun purchases at the State level. IT'S A FACT

Voted against protecting Weapons Manufacturers from liability in the INTENTIONAL MISUSE of their products. Should it be OK to sue Dodge because someone drove their car thru a group of people on the sidewalk? Ridiculous...and a FACT

In 1998, another questionnaire administered by IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test didn’t ask about banning all handguns, but it did find that Obama wanted to “ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.” IT's A FACT

In addition, from 1998 to 2001, Obama was on the board of directors for the Joyce Foundation, which funded such anti-gun groups as the Violence Policy Center, the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence, and Handgun Free America. Both the Violence Policy Center and Handgun Free America, as its name suggests, are in favor of a complete ban on handguns. During his tenure on the board, the Joyce Foundation was probably the major funder of pro-control research in the United States. Whoops...yet another FACT

Obama can say what he wants now, because he's trying to get your vote, but his actions are where his heart truly lies. He is anti-gun!

He is a hunter.... not a gun owner.

Some people own guns, because they know it is their duty as a free citizen of a free country to do so. They care about our freedom to own weapons to defend ourselves from the common criminal, and the tyrant, as well as sporting uses.

Some people own guns because it makes hunting easier. They don't care about the gun, they care about the hunt.

When it comes down to it.... you either support the right for American citizens to own weapons, or you don't. The 2nd Amendment doesn't say anything about "assault weapons" or "sporting purposes" or "background checks". It says you have a right to be armed, with whatever you see fit, period. "Shall Not be infringed".... not much wiggle room there.

We, as gun owners, need to adopt the phrase "United we stand, divided we fall" as our own. People think that it won't matter if we get rid of handguns and "assault weapons", because their deer rifle will be left alone.

Guess what, after they take my AR15 for being an "assault weapon".... they are coming after your deer rifle for being a "high powered sniper rifle". We have to defend the RIGHT, not the rifle. It doesn't matter if we own the gun, we have to protect our right to own it. Because they will take our right away, one small group at a time.

"oppressive governments always target unpopular groups first, but don't worry, they will gets to yours soon enough."

so you really thing more "laws" on guns are going to prevent gun violence? Do you really thing that your local gang banger or criminal really gives a rats *** about laws that Obama passes or any politician for that matter? If you look at some statistics the "assault rifle ban" that banned semi auto rifles that are in fact not assault rifles did nothing to curb crime. In fact crime got worse. Another fact: when this ban rolled around and they banned SKS's in california they had to pass a law to allow legal owners of the rifles 90 days to turn them in to be destroyed just so they wouldnt become felons. Hmmr that just doesn't sound quite right now does it. Should you become a felon because you own a .357? that's a little over kill for a pistol don't you think? couldn't you just use a .38 instead? should you .357 be considered an assault pistol because its so overpowered and will make another liberals political career by passing a law to make it illegal? NO! because that makes no sense. just like what you are saying makes no sense. No they do not just sell fully automatic assault weapons over the counter. you have to pay $200 tax and jump through all kinds of hoops to attain a permit. I don't think your local sheriff who's in charge of giving these permits gives them to gang bangers and criminals. If he does then well maybe we should make some laws banning stupidity. Legal gun owners dont cause crime, they help prevent it. The more Politicians like Obama erode our 2nd amendment and take away our guns the weaker our country will become. Think about it. criminals keep guns don't care about laws-legal citizens turn in guns because they give a **** about the laws. Now there's a strange balance of power for ya. O ya not to mention that just before Hitler exterminated millions of people guess what he did, that's right you guessed it, he disarmed the country. That sure made it easy for him to take over now didn't it. The sooner all the anti gun douches pull their heads out their *** the less likely this country is going to go down the shithole. Maybe they should really enforce other laws harder, but no one who matters ever seems to think about that. Maybe we should change the punishment of laws in which someone commits a crime. In some countries, if you steal and are caught, well you get your hand chopped off. Seems to work pretty good. I have semi auto rifles, I'm a legal citizen, I don't do illegal things. Why should I have my property taken away or make me a felon for owning one? Well I'm done with my rant but I hope you get the point. Gun laws don't keep criminals from committing crimes. Knives and cars can do just as much damage as any gun.

NRA members know the facts about Obama's voting record on guns.

Anti-gunners have been using this strategy of “individuals who claim to support the second amendment say they support common sense gun laws”...really; they are chameleons pushing their own agenda.

Source(s): I smell the Brady Campaign.

because i don't have the time, i won't write an essay ATM, BUT i do think the following:

the guy was NEVER a 'fed profiler'

his usage of the words 'pocket cop killer' and 'counter assault weapons' and saying he owns 'deer rifles' for home protection discredits his statement.

full of S