Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Blood Type Test... ?

I need to know what type blood I have but I'm very afraid of needles. Is there any way to get the blood besides being pricked with a needle on the finger? Like a cut or something?

I know I sound silly but I'm really afraid of needles. Please don't say it doesn't hurt or it hardly hurts because it isn't the pain that scares me. I really dislike that something is puncturing my skin and going in my skin. I don't care about the pain at all...

Even reading about getting shots or pricked makes me start to breath quickly and get scared.

I know to find out I probably will have to be pricked with a needle. I must be in denial...

I'm applying for this program thing to go to another country and it asks for my blood type on one of the sheets.

I'm especially afraid of being pricked with a needle on the underside of my arms, legs, and on my hands...I don't know why...Even seeing needles in newspapers freaks me out...

Favorite Answer

not many reasons for needing to know ur blood type.. so why do u need to know? u probably dont need to know anyway and can save urself a needle.. well its still not really necesarry as if u did need blood the hospital would check ur blood type then regardless of u telling them what ur blood type is as its too improtant to rely on the patients recall and if u give the wrong type its pretty disarterous so options are.. ask the people who run the scheme if its needed as ur needle phobic and they might say u dont have to have it.. or get it done but get some valium from ur doc first. or suck it up and do it

Source(s): im a doc

You should know your blood type, it's very important in case you are in accident and you need blood etc. ( hope that never happens). I am a blood donor, yes, scared of needles ( a lot of people are) but just be brave and take a friend along with you or your mum and it would be over before you even know it.

Go to the website below, maybe it would help you... but I can tell you, there is no other way to test your blood other then that.

Good Luck!

I'm a medical assistant and to be completely honest with you being pricked in the finger is really nothing (unless you want your blood drawn lol). I used to prick patients for blood type testing with a lancet and no one really complained. Its only less than a second and that's it. Believe me I think you should just prick your finger rather than having your blood drawn if your really afraid of needles.