How would curtains look covering a closet instead of wooden doors?

I have a very small constricted room, and i really need a desk in it. I already have a small bed, dresser, and full mirror. So what i wanted to do was get rid of the wooden doors on my closet and put a nice curtain there instead to maybe put my dresser in, but still have it so its not hidden away, but still have... show more I have a very small constricted room, and i really need a desk in it. I already have a small bed, dresser, and full mirror. So what i wanted to do was get rid of the wooden doors on my closet and put a nice curtain there instead to maybe put my dresser in, but still have it so its not hidden away, but still have my room feel open and a little bigger. How do you think that curtains would look on a closet instead of the wooden doors? If i was going to put curtains covering my closet, should i paint the inside of the closet too? Or would that be a waste of time?
Update: i did come up with the idea myself, so thats why im asking if it would look good. and ill consider the room seperater, it looks good and the white one would match my furniture.