Dog hit by car now getting harrassed by the driver..what do i do?

So by a fluke my dogs got out and I went after them, i wasn't even out of the driveway when a speeding car hit one of them and kept driving until they got to the next street and noticed me running and turned around. They didn't attempt to slow down even tho' they were driving thru a neighborhood that is heavily... show more So by a fluke my dogs got out and I went after them, i wasn't even out of the driveway when a speeding car hit one of them and kept driving until they got to the next street and noticed me running and turned around. They didn't attempt to slow down even tho' they were driving thru a neighborhood that is heavily populated with young kids. When they stopped I was holding my other dog while kneeling next to my injured one on the road checking to see if she was still alive. they got our of the car and said "oh you have another dog? was she loose too?" as well as the other person in the car cussed my dad out. the dog luckily was still alive so I rushed her to the vet. 3 days later there's a note in my door from the driver asking me to pay for damages to her jeep. we called the police and a lawyer to see if we would be liable and were told that if she was speeding it would be the same as if she was negligent and hit a kid. we called her back gave her the information in a calm manner and left her our number incase there was any other questions. that night we get a call from the passenger of the car cussing us out. the msg was very upsetting. then he called back and left another one saying our dog ran into their car when they stopped for the first dog (that at the scene they didn't know about). the phone calls kept up for most of the night. the next day we get a call from the driver saying she dropped her car off for an estimate and they have to keep it for the estimate for 3 days and we have to pay for a rental car for them for that whole time ....FOR AN ESTIMATE!! I'm very concerned now more about our safety as the messages being left by the passenger (who shouldn't have gotten my # in the first place) are threatening and he knows where I live and am home most of the time by myself and my young kids alone. what should I do?