Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

I need to know 6 or more important things about Australia.?

well all i need to is 6 or more important things about Australia like the animals, or....just aobut anything aobut Australia.

oh and tell me why the animals or whatever you put your answer as....tell me ehy they're important.

Favorite Answer

Australia is the only single country to occupy an entire continent.

Australia has maintained a stable liberal democratic political system and remains a Commonwealth realm.

The population is just over 21.3 million, with approximately 60% of the population concentrated in and around the mainland state capitals of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide.

Australia has six states, two major mainland territories, and other minor territories. The states are New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and Western Australia.The two major mainland territories are the Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)

Australia's landmass of 7,617,930 square kilometres (2,941,300 sq mi)

It includes a diverse range of habitats, from alpine heaths to tropical rainforests and is recognised as a megadiverse country.

Its extremely variable weather patterns, and its long-term geographic isolation, much of Australia's biota is unique and diverse.

About 85% of flowering plants, 84% of mammals, more than 45% of birds, and 89% of in-shore, temperate-zone fish are endemic.

Most Australian woody plant species are evergreen and many are adapted to fire and drought, including many eucalypts and acacias.

Australia has a rich variety of endemic legume species that thrive in nutrient-poor soils because of their symbiosis with Rhizobia bacteria and mycorrhizal fungi.

• irle

might desire to you be somewhat extra particular please? What precisely are you asking? Do you mean our freedom and our way of lifestyles or our organic components and economic equipment or some thing else? Edit: what's significant to me as an Australian, i won't be in a position to talk for anybody in simple terms myself. a million. My family contributors. 2. My acquaintances. something are in no particular order. the liberty and lifestyles type I savour. the shown fact that all of us stay thankfully in a society that, for the main section, has no activity in the colour of anybody's epidermis or their faith and so on. the shortcoming firearms in Australia. The low crime value while in comparison with many different countries. Anzac Day and what it potential to me. My activity. My wellness and the provision of world classification wellness care. the shown fact that I truthfully have get entry to to a style and abundance of sturdy high quality nutrition and sparkling water. even regardless of the undeniable fact that water isn't in abundance right here via droughts.

its a continent and a country..capital is canberra..theres a lot of kangaroos.